Re: Just a question to throw out there...

Robert Conn

11/2/2006 11:01:00 PM

If it's any consolation, I'm a programmer and am finding Ruby tricky
to pick up. There are some powerful concepts in there like blocks
and iterators that are new to me.

Keep at it and you'll pick it up ... as someone recommended above,
choosing a problem that you want to solve will keep you interested.

Good luck!

Bob

On 2 Nov 2006, at 18:23, Skotty wrote:

> Another noobrube question.
>
> Is this the "easiest" language to learn? I'm well aware that none
> of these programming languages are "easy" but I've been struggling
> with this for a while and don't want to give up.
>
> Or is there something else I should know first BEFORE going to
> Ruby? Why's guide is a biggggg help but I don't know why I can't
> retain this information.
>
> Any help guides?
> Anything?

1 Answer

Skotty

I was alright with blocks, and then along came these @ and several other
things, and def/classes and so forth. I guess it all boils down to how much
dedication I'm actually willing to put into it. Which at this moment is
high, but I've been known to drop something after a short period of time.

But I'm GOING to stick with this, to learn it and perhaps start other
languages.

But for now, I guess I'll just keep reading the tutorials and try that
problem solving thing, and pounding them out.

BTW thanks for all the great responses, this is what I like to see in a
community. :D

Skt
Webpage (www.freewebs.com/scottygiveshighfives)
Email: Shyguyfrenzy@gmail.com