Hooking IE events in Watir

Patrick Spence

11/2/2006 1:53:00 PM

I need to handle the onMouseDown event for the IE controller in Watir.
Has anyone done anything like this before. Using watirMaker.rb as a
starting point, I'm able to wire-up the event by "talking" directly to
the OLE object, but I'd rather go thru the Watir module and use the
IE.getIE() property.

Thanks!

Max Russell

Patrick Spence wrote:
> I need to handle the onMouseDown event for the IE controller in Watir.
> Has anyone done anything like this before. Using watirMaker.rb as a
> starting point, I'm able to wire-up the event by "talking" directly to
> the OLE object, but I'd rather go thru the Watir module and use the
> IE.getIE() property.
>
> Thanks!

I'm working with something similar trying to get a mouse drag to work, I
can certainly grab the object - a good example of doing this is here:

http://zbarzone.blogspot.com/2006/05/drag-and-drop-with-...

Bill Swears

On 11/2/2011 1:51 PM, Nicky wrote:
> On Nov 2, 9:41 pm, Suzanne Blom<bo...@sueblom.net> wrote:
>> On 11/2/2011 9:02 AM, Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:
>>
>>> With the contract in front of me, I can now say that there will be a
>>> sequel, tentatively titled _Spheres of Influence_!
>>
>> Conga rodents!
>
> Ditto!!
Tritto!!!

--