Ruby origins

Mik Houghton

11/1/2006 11:28:00 PM

Hi I'm at university doing an Internet Computing degree and my group has
been given the task of presenting a short perentation on Ruby on Rails.
One of the subjects I've been given to research is of the origins of
Ruby. Does anyone know of any good sites I can visit. I've had a look
around and been on a couple of sites, but stuff on the origins and
history of the language seem to be a bit thin on the ground, such as the
all to breif history section on wikipedia (2 sentaces).

Any help wouold be appreciated, we were only given a few days for this,
so I'm hunting around like mad.

Mik

Wilson Bilkovich

On 11/1/06, Mik Houghton <mik@uk-players.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi I'm at university doing an Internet Computing degree and my group has
> been given the task of presenting a short perentation on Ruby on Rails.
> One of the subjects I've been given to research is of the origins of
> Ruby. Does anyone know of any good sites I can visit. I've had a look
> around and been on a couple of sites, but stuff on the origins and
> history of the language seem to be a bit thin on the ground, such as the
> all to breif history section on wikipedia (2 sentaces).
>
> Any help wouold be appreciated, we were only given a few days for this,
> so I'm hunting around like mad.

Takahasi-san presented on this topic at RubyConf this year.
Here's a writeup of the talk. His slides might be online somewhere as well.
http://blog.nicksieger.com/articles/2006/10/20/rubyconf-histo...

Lutz Horn

Mik Houghton wrote:
> One of the subjects I've been given to research is of the origins of
> Ruby.

Check this:

http://www.ruby-lang.org...
http://www.rubygarden.org/faq/en...
http://www.rubygarden.org/faq/en...
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=1822...

Mik Houghton

Lutz Horn wrote:
> Check this:
>
> http://www.ruby-lang.org...
> http://www.rubygarden.org/faq/en...
> http://www.rubygarden.org/faq/en...
> http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=1822...

Thanks, I had seen a couple of those but hadn't found the informit one.

Cheers

Mik