Re: simple smtp server

Brian Hartin

10/31/2006 7:50:00 PM

I second the question. :)

Brian Hartin

-----Original Message-----
From: mmalaidini@gmail.com [mailto:mmalaidini@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 10:25 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: simple smtp server

Hello folks,

I'd like to understand if anybody has ever written a very simple smtp
server (supporting SSL authentication). I'd like to write an stmp proxy
for my own personal usage and I'm trying to understand where to start.

TIA
MM

If you were not an intended recipient,

rich murphy

Look how the Turks in Greece are treated, let alone the other Moslems
in Greece.

http://www.diplomaticobserver.com/news_read.a...

April 23, 2009

IT IS DIFFICULT TO BE A TURK IN GREECE!

Western Thrace Turks have always experienced difficulties. The process
from the establishment of the Republic of Turkey in 1923 to present
day has been full of troubles. During tough times with the 1967
Colonels Junta, the Turkish minority gave a fight for their existence.
Even there were times when Turks were banned to build or repair homes.
There were unwritten rules as much as the written ones. For instance,
the Western Thrace Turks making a living on agriculture had the right
to buy tractors but could not get driver’s licenses.

They have always been disadvantaged in education, culture, politics,
and administration. Some of the Western Thracians who could not endure
the pressures immigrated to Turkey, European countries, Australia or
the USA. According to article 19 of the former Greek Citizenship Law,
denationalized the immigrating Turks or ones travelling abroad.

20 years ago on January 29, 1988, Greece outlawed the “Gümülcine
Turkish Youth Union”, “Turkish Teachers Association”, and “Iskeçe
Turkish Union”. Because there were not Turks in Greece… The Turkish
minority, against all challenges and violent actions, gathered in
Gümülcine city center and protested the decision. With this event,
January 29 became the symbol of “national resistance” for Western
Thracian Turks. Since then, Western Thracian Turks have been
celebrating January 29.

On January 29, 1990, Western Thracian Turks celebrating the day were
attacked by a group of fanatic Greeks. Hundreds of people were beaten
and Turkish stores were attacked. January 29 was also celebrated this
year. At least they attempted to celebrate it, because Turks were
attacked once again. At the early hours of January 29, 2009 a petrol
bomb was thrown in a street in Çayüstü region, that is mostly
populated by Turks. No one died or was injured in the attack, Turks
put out the fire. Vehicles did not explode.

Western Thrace Turks do still not have the minority status. They
cannot demand their rights. Pasok Party spokesperson Yorgos
Papakonstantinu says: “There is one minority in Greece, and it is the
Muslim minority”. Athens, just as it claims Macedonia is not
Macedonia, is claiming that Turks are not Turks but “only Muslims”.

On January 25, the cemetery in Musellim (Tekton) village of Iskeçe
were attacked by the construction vehicles of the municipality.
Historical gravestones were destroyed. 10 days before this sad
incident, Greek parents in Gümülcine held a meeting and decided not to
send their children to school under the pretext of crowded classes,
hepatitis and many other issues. There are 150 Turkish and 80 Greek
students attending that school!

Another important issue is that, while Turkey is restoring Hagia
Sophia, Ottman’s first and biggest mosque in the Balkans, Çelebi
Sultan Mehmed Mosque in Dimetoka is in bad condition due to
dilapidation….