[ANN] win32-shortcut 0.2.0

Daniel Berger

10/31/2006 5:18:00 AM

Hi all,

The Win32Utils Team is happy to announce the release of win32-shortcut
0.2.0.

What is it?
===========
An interface for creating shortcuts on MS Windows. Here's a quick synopsis:

require 'win32/shortcut'
require 'win32/dir'
include Win32

# Create a link on your desktop
Shortcut.new(Dir::DESKTOP + '\Shortcut Script.lnk') do |s|
s.path = "c:\\" << Dir::WINDOWS << "\\notepad.exe"
s.window_style = "normal"
s.hotkey = "CTRL+SHIFT+F"
s.icon_location = "notepad.exe"
s.description = "Shortcut Script"
s.working_directory = Dir::DESKTOP
end

What's new?
===========
It's now pure Ruby, using win32ole behind the scenes. There's also a gem.
See the documentation for further details regarding some minor API
changes and improvements.

Where is it?
============
The usual places - the RAA or RubyForge at
http://www.rubyforge.org/projects/....
Or, just do 'gem install win32-shortcut'.

Acknowledgements
================
Thanks go to Jano Svitok for the idea to use win32ole + WScript.Shell
and the initial patch.

Enjoy!

The Win32Utils Team

7 Answers

Fish Supper

"Gary Renzetti" <lizgary@connection.com> wrote in message
> Honest truth wrote:
>> For once you are correct
>>
>>> To be sure, the Goldstone Report also itemizes the crimes of Hamas,
>>> notably in its campaign of rocket-firing into Israel.
> Which pales to insignificance compared to the ZOF's massive overreaction
> in Gaza.

'overreaction'? is this some Orwellian newspeak for crimes against humanity?

When my neighbour parks her car in such a way that she takes up two spaces
and thus forces me to find another parking spot ten minutes walk away from
my home and when I then draw my keys along her paintwork - *that* is an
overreaction.

However, if I take an axe an slaughter my neighbour, her daughter and her
daughter's two children and then set fire to her home - that is a crime - or
as we call it is Scotland, an 'Israeli Solution'.

Gary Renzetti

Fish Supper wrote:

> "Gary Renzetti" <lizgary@connection.com> wrote in message
>> Honest truth wrote:
>>> For once you are correct

>> Which pales to insignificance compared to the ZOF's massive overreaction
>> in Gaza.
>
> 'overreaction'? is this some Orwellian newspeak for crimes against
> humanity?
>
> When my neighbour parks her car in such a way that she takes up two
> spaces and thus forces me to find another parking spot ten minutes walk
> away from my home and when I then draw my keys along her paintwork -
> *that* is an overreaction.
>
> However, if I take an axe an slaughter my neighbour, her daughter and
> her daughter's two children and then set fire to her home - that is a
> crime - or as we call it is Scotland, an 'Israeli Solution'.
Well Fishy, I can't say as I'd argue with your post.

Honest truth

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 03:39:38 -0000, Fish Supper wrote:

> However, if I take an axe an slaughter my neighbour, her daughter and her
> daughter's two children and then set fire to her home - that is a crime - or
> as we call it is Scotland, an 'Israeli Solution'.

What right after releaing Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi do people in
Scotland have to preach to anyone morality?

Every Scotsman should be ashamed!

--
??Of all the extreme fanaticism which plays havoc in man??s nature, there is
not one as irrational as anti-Semitism. ?K If the Jews are rich [these

Lloyd George

Fish Supper

"Honest truth" <Honest_truth@Wisdom.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 03:39:38 -0000, Fish Supper wrote:
>
>> However, if I take an axe an slaughter my neighbour, her daughter and her
>> daughter's two children and then set fire to her home - that is a crime -
>> or
>> as we call it is Scotland, an 'Israeli Solution'.
>
> What right after releaing Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi do people in
> Scotland have to preach to anyone morality?
>
> Every Scotsman should be ashamed!

The only thing we should be ashamed of is that an innocent man spent so many
years in prison. Al Megrahi was stitched up, as even the most cursory
reading of the facts shows - but then, you don't do facts, do you?

Honest truth

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:26:34 -0000, Fish Supper wrote:

> "Honest truth" <Honest_truth@Wisdom.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 03:39:38 -0000, Fish Supper wrote:
>>
>>> However, if I take an axe an slaughter my neighbour, her daughter and her
>>> daughter's two children and then set fire to her home - that is a crime -
>>> or
>>> as we call it is Scotland, an 'Israeli Solution'.
>>
>> What right after releaing Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi do people in
>> Scotland have to preach to anyone morality?
>>
>> Every Scotsman should be ashamed!
>>

> The only thing we should be ashamed of is that an innocent man spent so many
> years in prison. Al Megrahi was stitched up, as even the most cursory
> reading of the facts shows - but then, you don't do facts, do you?

Neither Al Megrahi nor Scotland are innocent.

--

> On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:26:34 -0000, Fish Supper wrote:
>
>> "Honest truth" <Honest_truth@Wisdom.net> wrote in message

>>> What right after releaing Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi do people in
>>> Scotland have to preach to anyone morality?
>>>
>>> Every Scotsman should be ashamed!
>>>

>> The only thing we should be ashamed of is that an innocent man spent so
>> many
>> years in prison. Al Megrahi was stitched up, as even the most cursory
>> reading of the facts shows - but then, you don't do facts, do you?
>
> Neither Al Megrahi nor Scotland are innocent.

And right on cue - another sweeping statement, founded in ignorance,
delivered with the absolutist certainty of a fool.

You really are quite the dimmest light on the christmas tree, aintya HT? No
attempt at addressing the actual guilt or innocence of al Megrahi - cuz ya
know, ya'd just end up with a face fulla egg, dont'ya, cuz ya know ya don't
know sheeit, don't ya, HT? - just the dogmatic assertation of the simple
mind, based on testosterone fuelled jingoism with no thought applied.

A mind (you sure? ed.) that is no doubt planning the bombing of Scottish
weddings as we speak - or maybe you want to fly over here for a round of
golf and later kidnap and torture innocent civilians in one of your
nazi-style detention centres?

Or just fuckin' send over a squadron of B1s and flatten the place, murder
thousands of women and children on their way to the shops or at school.
That'll get your macho juices pumpin', eh HT? That'll get you all pumped up
in a keyboard-warrior-stylee. Kick Ass Israel Way. Yaaaahh Siree! whoooo!!!

Prick.

Fish Supper

"dsharavi" <dsharavii@hotmail.com> wrote in message
On Nov 5, 12:13 am, Honest truth <Honest_tr...@Wisdom.net> wrote:
> For once you are correct
>
> > To be sure, the Goldstone Report also itemizes the crimes of Hamas,
> > notably in its campaign of rocket-firing into Israel.

Never mind the extreme improbability of Palestinians producing
anything credible,

=========

The above is perhaps the most jaw dropping, eye popping piece of hypocrisy
we're likely to see in a long time.

You don't really get Irony, do you?