Lots of warnings after installing ruby185-21 one-click installer on WinXP

Arie van Wingerden

I installed this version of Ruby. When I invoke either fxri or FreeRide
I get a lot of warnings on the command prompt which is openend during
the start of one of these programs.

One example:
C:/Program
Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.2.6-mswin32/ext/fox12/fox12.so:
warning:
already initialized constant ID_MOVE_DOWN
Other messages are similar.

Is this a normal behavior and can these messages be ignored, or is
something wrong with my installation?

Thanks
N.F.

3 Answers

Jano Svitok

On 10/28/06, NuclearFusion <xapwing@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed this version of Ruby. When I invoke either fxri or FreeRide
> I get a lot of warnings on the command prompt which is openend during
> the start of one of these programs.
>
> One example:
> C:/Program
> Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.2.6-mswin32/ext/fox12/fox12.so:
> warning:
> already initialized constant ID_MOVE_DOWN
> Other messages are similar.
>
> Is this a normal behavior and can these messages be ignored, or is
> something wrong with my installation?

This was discussed before, IIRC fox extension is loaded twice and the
warnings can be safely ignored. For more details see archives (look
for freeride, fox or scintilla)

Lyle Johnson

On 10/28/06, NuclearFusion <xapwing@gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed this version of Ruby. When I invoke either fxri or FreeRide
> I get a lot of warnings on the command prompt which is openend during
> the start of one of these programs.
>
> One example:
> C:/Program
> Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.2.6-mswin32/ext/fox12/fox12.so:
> warning:
> already initialized constant ID_MOVE_DOWN
> Other messages are similar.
>
> Is this a normal behavior and can these messages be ignored, or is
> something wrong with my installation?

This is a known bug in Ruby 1.8.5, described here:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5701&group_id=426&...

Hope this helps,

Lyle

Arie van Wingerden

Lyle Johnson wrote:
> On 10/28/06, NuclearFusion <xapwing@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I installed this version of Ruby. When I invoke either fxri or FreeRide
> > I get a lot of warnings on the command prompt which is openend during
> > the start of one of these programs.
> >
> > One example:
> > C:/Program
> > Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.2.6-mswin32/ext/fox12/fox12.so:
> > warning:
> > already initialized constant ID_MOVE_DOWN
> > Other messages are similar.
> >
> > Is this a normal behavior and can these messages be ignored, or is
> > something wrong with my installation?
>
> This is a known bug in Ruby 1.8.5, described here:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5701&group_id=426&...
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Lyle

Thanks a lot!