SouthWest RubyConf?

James Britt

10/28/2006 1:33:00 AM

Is anyone aware of, or interested in helping prepare, plans for a U.S.
SouthWest RubyConf 2007?

--
James Britt

"A principle or axiom is of no value without the rules for applying it."
- Len Bullard

20 Answers

Adam Keys

On Oct 27, 2006, at 8:32 PM, James Britt wrote:
> Is anyone aware of, or interested in helping prepare, plans for a
> U.S. SouthWest RubyConf 2007?

I'm toying with the idea of organizing one in Dallas, TX. Not sure
if that counts, Texas being its own country and all that ;)

--
~akk
http://there...

pat eyler

On 10/27/06, James Britt <james.britt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone aware of, or interested in helping prepare, plans for a U.S.
> SouthWest RubyConf 2007?

Depending on when and where, I'd likely be interested in helping out.

--
thanks,
-pate

dblack

Chris McMahon

James Britt wrote:
> Is anyone aware of, or interested in helping prepare, plans for a U.S.
> SouthWest RubyConf 2007?

I would be willing to run the idea up the flagpole around Durango,
Colorado, but that's pretty remote.

Sammy Larbi

I'm in Houston, TX, so I would be interested ... pending knowledge of
the date such an event would be held.

Adam Keys wrote:
> On Oct 27, 2006, at 8:32 PM, James Britt wrote:
>> Is anyone aware of, or interested in helping prepare, plans for a
>> U.S. SouthWest RubyConf 2007?
>>

> I'm toying with the idea of organizing one in Dallas, TX. Not sure if
> that counts, Texas being its own country and all that ;)
>
> --
> ~akk
> http://there...

Mike

Yeah - I'm interested in helping.

On Oct 27, 6:32 pm, James Britt <james.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone aware of, or interested in helping prepare, plans for a U.S.
> SouthWest RubyConf 2007?
>
> --
> James Britt
>
> "A principle or axiom is of no value without the rules for applying it."
> - Len Bullard

Giles Bowkett

I'd add a tentative +1 to this, since I missed the one in Denver.

--
Giles Bowkett
http://www.gilesg...

pat eyler

On 10/30/06, Giles Bowkett <gilesb@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd add a tentative +1 to this, since I missed the one in Denver.

Not to dissuade you from helping with a Southwest RubyConf,
but the MountainWest RubyConf is likely closer to you (and the
Denver/Colorado groups are helping with it).

That said, I'm hoping to help with/go to the Southwest conference
if there's any way I can make it happen.

--
thanks,
-pate

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

pat eyler wrote:
> Not to dissuade you from helping with a Southwest RubyConf,
> but the MountainWest RubyConf is likely closer to you (and the
> Denver/Colorado groups are helping with it).
>
> That said, I'm hoping to help with/go to the Southwest conference
> if there's any way I can make it happen.

Yeah ... MountainWest could easily cover the whole Mountain and Pacific
Time Zones, I would think. You're very close to Colorado, Nevada and
Arizona and "close enough" to Oregon and California. It might be a bit
far for the folks in Seattle and in Texas, but they may have enough
momentum to do their own conferences.

Giles Bowkett

On 10/30/06, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@cesmail.net> wrote:
> pat eyler wrote:
> > Not to dissuade you from helping with a Southwest RubyConf,
> > but the MountainWest RubyConf is likely closer to you (and the
> > Denver/Colorado groups are helping with it).
> >
> > That said, I'm hoping to help with/go to the Southwest conference
> > if there's any way I can make it happen.
>
> Yeah ... MountainWest could easily cover the whole Mountain and Pacific
> Time Zones, I would think. You're very close to Colorado, Nevada and
> Arizona and "close enough" to Oregon and California. It might be a bit
> far for the folks in Seattle and in Texas, but they may have enough
> momentum to do their own conferences.

OK. There's two things going on here. Firstly, everybody seems to know
where I live. I find this kind of unnerving. Secondly, there seems to
be some kind of RubyConf cell division occuring that I totally missed.

--
Giles Bowkett
http://www.gilesg...