RubyForge down...

Jean-francois Perusse

I can't access the RubyForge website...

Any idea when the site will be back online?

Thanks!

Justin Collins

Jean-francois Perusse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't access the RubyForge website...
>
> Any idea when the site will be back online?
>
> Thanks!

It works for me.

-Justin

Jean-francois Perusse

Justin Collins wrote:
> Jean-francois Perusse wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can't access the RubyForge website...
>>
>> Any idea when the site will be back online?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> It works for me.
>
> -Justin

Strange... I have no problems with other sites. RubyForge hangs Firefox
for a few seconds then I get the "can't find the server" error. Gems
doesn't work either (getaddrinfo error), and I can't ping rubyforge.org
:(.

I'm trying from Montreal, Canada.....

Justin Collins

Jean-Francois Perusse wrote:
> Justin Collins wrote:
>
>> Jean-francois Perusse wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I can't access the RubyForge website...
>>>
>>> Any idea when the site will be back online?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> It works for me.
>>
>> -Justin
>>

> Strange... I have no problems with other sites. RubyForge hangs Firefox
> for a few seconds then I get the "can't find the server" error. Gems
> doesn't work either (getaddrinfo error), and I can't ping rubyforge.org
> :(.
>
> I'm trying from Montreal, Canada.....

It seems a little slow, but I can ping it and view it. Are you using
http://rub... or .com? I'm in California, US. Maybe a DNS issue?

-Justin

Jean-francois Perusse

Justin Collins wrote:
>> doesn't work either (getaddrinfo error), and I can't ping rubyforge.org
>> :(.
>>
>> I'm trying from Montreal, Canada.....
>>

> It seems a little slow, but I can ping it and view it. Are you using
> http://rub... or .com? I'm in California, US. Maybe a DNS issue?
>
> -Justin

I was trying http://rub....

I found a temporary solution to my problem: using a free http proxy :).

Thanks,

JF

Ara.T.Howard

Daniel Berger

ara.t.how...@noaa.gov wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Jean-Francois Perusse wrote:
>
> > Strange... I have no problems with other sites. RubyForge hangs Firefox
> > for a few seconds then I get the "can't find the server" error. Gems
> > doesn't work either (getaddrinfo error), and I can't ping rubyforge.org
> > :(.
> >
> > I'm trying from Montreal, Canada.....
>
> your dns is hosed.

Undoubtedly caused by someone not paying attention to Quebec's locale
and uppercasing an accented character when they shouldn't have!

:-P

- Dan

James Gray

On Oct 27, 2006, at 4:00 PM, Daniel Berger wrote:

> ara.t.how...@noaa.gov wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Jean-Francois Perusse wrote:
>>
>>> Strange... I have no problems with other sites. RubyForge hangs
>>> Firefox
>>> for a few seconds then I get the "can't find the server" error. Gems
>>> doesn't work either (getaddrinfo error), and I can't ping
>>> rubyforge.org
>>> :(.
>>>
>>> I'm trying from Montreal, Canada.....
>>
>> your dns is hosed.
>
> Undoubtedly caused by someone not paying attention to Quebec's locale
> and uppercasing an accented character when they shouldn't have!

<dies laughing>

We love you Tim. Really we do.

James Edward Gray II

Jean-francois Perusse

James Gray wrote:

>>> your dns is hosed.
>>
>> Undoubtedly caused by someone not paying attention to Quebec's locale
>> and uppercasing an accented character when they shouldn't have!
>
> <dies laughing>
>
> We love you Tim. Really we do.
>
> James Edward Gray II