No continuations in Ruby2?

rubyfan

10/26/2006 11:02:00 PM

According to this article:
http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=281&thr...

....Ruby 2 will not have continuations. Is this true? If so, why
would continuations be dropped? It'll be pretty tough to implement
RHDL without continuations.

so will Ruby lose continuations right about the time Python is getting them?

Phil

7 Answers

Charles Oliver Nutter

Phil Tomson wrote:
> According to this article:
> http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=281&thr...
>
> ....Ruby 2 will not have continuations. Is this true? If so, why
> would continuations be dropped? It'll be pretty tough to implement
> RHDL without continuations.
>
> so will Ruby lose continuations right about the time Python is getting
> them?

I think this has been clarified in a few other forums, but it seems that
the situation is as follows:

- YARV does not support continuations now
- YARV can support continuations, but it's not a high priority
- Ruby 1.9.1 + YARV probably won't have continuations
- Matz does want continuations to eventually be supported by YARV

I believe the "no continuations in Ruby 2.0" stemmed from a translation
of Matz or ko1 comment at the Ruby Kaigi...or at least, that's where I
got it from. I guess the general recommendation is that if you need
continuations and would like to see them available in the 1.9 series
sooner, you'll need to cough up a compelling use case.

If continuations become something everyone really must have, I'll try to
find a way to make them work in JRuby. For now, they're unsupported.

--
Charles Oliver Nutter, JRuby Core Developer
Blogging on Ruby and Java @ headius.blogspot.com

<Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]>

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, "B.H. Cramer" <ben_always@beltingyids.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>>"Mavisbeacon" <Mavisbeacon@nospam.forme> wrote in message

>>>What the fuck makes you think there was a debate happening? I think you're
>>>dreadfully confused, dearie. There is NO debate. We are just tooling with
>>>you.
>>>
>>>Get it? Good.
>>>
>>>Now fuck off.
>>>
>>>Whilst you're absent, do something about improving your appalling grammar
>>>and spelling.
>>>

>> LOL! Remember the saying "where ignorance is bliss?" Every jew posting
>> in these groups
>> brings that quotation to mind. No human being could be that stupid,
>> without being full
>> blown mentally retarded. Proof that the jews are not human beings. They
>> may look human,
>> sort of, but they don't seem to have the human capacity for truth. Or
>> compassion. Or
>> morality. Or reason. Or any of the sapient qualities typical of the
>> average Homo sapiens.
>>
>> Could it be their jew demon way of crying for sympathy? They might as
>> well be saying
>> "you humans have to feel sorry for us ignorant jew demons." "Look how
>> fucking stupid we
>> are!" "Don't you feel sorry for us?" "We're filthy jew pig demons from
>> the pits of Hell!"
>> "Don't you poor goy slaves want to show your filthy rich jewsurer masters
>> some sympathy?"
>>
>> What is it that prevents the jews from searching for clues about why the
>> "goy" world
>> absolutely fucking loathes the filthy fucking jew pig demons with such
>> fervent intensity?
>>
>> So called "antisemitism"(R) falls far short of describing the way that
>> most of us poor
>> "accursed goyim" feel about the fact that the jews even exist. That there
>> are still
>> millions of filthy jew pig demons from the pits of Hell alive and
>> breathing on the earth.
>> That many of us "goys" would prefer to see the Sun explode in a super
>> nova, than live
>> another day under the filthy greedy ugly hook nosed shyster Zionist reign
>> of terror.
>>
>> I just want to kill them. But I don't have the nuclear or germ warfare
>> power it would
>> take to kill them all and make the earth into a jew free zone. All I can
>> do is hope that
>> somebody does. Probably the Islamists. May God help the Islamists to get
>> the bomb and
>> blow the filthy God damn jew pig demons back to the pits of Hell where
>> they came from.
>
>I certainly have no desire to kill them. I have no desire to kill anyone.
>
>I would however, like them to begin to understand why they are loathed, why
>they have been loathed internationally for centuries, to examine their
>findings and to begin behaving themselves as decent citizens of the global

I have a great respect for every pacifist activist. But when it comes to solving
the jewish problem, only a global nuclear and germ warfare holocaust will finish the
job and solve the jewish problem once and for all. A super nova would work just as
well. A giant asteroid splashing into the sea. No matter what it takes, the
problem must be solved.

But I understand that not all of my fellow "goys" shares the views of Christ,
Mohammad, Moses, Hitler, Luther, and what all the other great "goy" writers,
playrights, prophets, philosophers, historians, generals, and so forth, have
unanimously said regarding the biggest problem in the world. The root of all the
evil in the world. And that is jewsury. It must be destroyed at all costs.

I am of the opinion that Christ sees exactly what's wrong with the filthy jew pig
demons better than anybody. Think about it. Who would better understand what's
wrong the Christ killers, than Christ himself whom the Christ killers tortured and
murdered nearly two thousand years ago?

There is no authority on the jewish problem equal to the authority of Christ.
As everyone knows, Christ called the filthy jew pig demons the "sons of the devil,"
the "synagogue of Satan," and hundreds of other extremely uncomplimentary names.
All of which are exactly true and accurate descriptions of the filthy jew pig demons.

This is why I consider the brave anti Zionist Islamists more commendable and
respectable than all the pacifist activists in the world put together. They're out
there in the ZOG invasion zones putting their "goy" asses on the line in the global
warfare against the Zionist reign of terror. Every courageous "goy" devoted to the
destruction of Israel, even at the cost of martyrdom, is worth ten thousand pacifist
activists! The Islamists deserve our utmost respect and support. They've earned it.

Because the jewish problem is the biggest problem in the world, solving the
problem requires the biggest solution in the world. "Goys" who have been fortunate
enough to see into heaven don't have a problem with that. But not all "goys" have
been so lucky. "Goys" who don't see that far are to likely feel as though they're
being caught in the crossfire between the militant "goys" versus the filthy jew pig
demons incarnate from the deepest and darkest and hottest pits of Hell.

I don't blame you or any "goy" who doesn't favor world war three. But no matter
who doesn't favor all out war against the Zionists, war is inevitable. The fact
that the JUWESA is headed for the bottom of the sea isn't helping Ersatz Israel's
prospects one bit. They will be left wide open to attack from the four corners of
the earth. It's not a question of "if," but is only a matter of when. And when is
most likely right around the corner. That's when the champagne corks will pop.

The Juwes are
the men that
Will not
be Blamed
for nothing
-W.W. Gull

> [...]

enough to see into heaven don't have a problem with that. But not all "goys" have
been so lucky. "Goys" who don't see that far are to likely feel as though they're
being caught in the crossfire between the militant "goys" versus the filthy jew pig
demons incarnate from the deepest and darkest and hottest pits of Hell.

I don't blame you or any "goy" who doesn't favor world war three. But no matter
who doesn't favor all out war against the Zionists, war is inevitable. The fact
that the JUWESA is headed for the bottom of the sea isn't helping Ersatz Israel's
prospects one bit. They will be left wide open to attack from the four corners of
the earth. It's not a question of "if," but is only a matter of when. And when is
most likely right around the corner. That's when the champagne corks will pop.

William Grosvenor

"Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer"
> The Juwes are
> the men that
> Will not
> be Blamed
> for nothing
> -W.W. Gull

It seems you are a cowardly racist maggot!!

TRUE!!

ZuLu

William Grosvenor escribi?:
> "Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer"
> <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote in message
>> The Juwes are
>> the men that
>> Will not
>> be Blamed
>> for nothing
>> -W.W. Gull
>
> It seems you are a cowardly racist maggot!!
>
> TRUE!!

Not like Kissinger...

"Any people who have been persecuted for 2000 years
must be doing something wrong"

Kissinger - A Biography,
Walter Isaacson, page 561.

flaviaR

On 11-Mar-2009, "William Grosvenor" <jblough@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer"
> <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote in message
> > The Juwes are
> > the men that
> > Will not
> > be Blamed
> > for nothing
> > -W.W. Gull
>
> It seems you are a cowardly racist maggot!!

Are there any other kinds of racists?

Susan

> TRUE!!

B.H. Cramer

<flaviaR@verizon.net> wrote in message

> On 11-Mar-2009, "William Grosvenor" <jblough@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer"
>> <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote in message
>> > The Juwes are
>> > the men that
>> > Will not
>> > be Blamed
>> > for nothing
>> > -W.W. Gull
>>
>> It seems you are a cowardly racist maggot!!
>>

> Are there any other kinds of racists?

There are those who are also dyslexic, thick Irish cunts, suzie babes.