modeling a simple cpu

Ara.T.Howard

Daniel Berger

Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> i need to model the on board cpu of a satellite in order to mock running
> uploaded commands. basically i need to model the internal state and all
> incoming commands so i can determine register states at a given point in time.
> has anyone out there done something similar? and helpful libs? basically
> i'll need something like
>
> dmsp_cpu = cpu{
> register 'oax'
> register 'oal'
>
> mem 0x55, :value => 0x2a39
>
> instruction 'oaxload' do |value|
> oax[ value ]
> end
> }

What platform? What's the type of cpu? I *think* Solaris/Sparc comes
with something that will let you do this.

Regards,

Dan

rubyfan

On 10/26/06, Ara.T.Howard <ara.t.howard@noaa.gov> wrote:

> i need to model the on board cpu of a satellite in order to mock running
> uploaded commands. basically i need to model the internal state and all
> incoming commands so i can determine register states at a given point in time.
> has anyone out there done something similar? and helpful libs? basically
> i'll need something like
>
> dmsp_cpu = cpu{
> register 'oax'
> register 'oal'
>
> mem 0x55, :value => 0x2a39
>
> instruction 'oaxload' do |value|
> oax[ value ]
> end
> }
>
> etc.

You might want take a look at RHDL ( http://rhdl.rub... )

Phil

Ara.T.Howard

rubyfan

On 10/26/06, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov <ara.t.howard@noaa.gov> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Phil Tomson wrote:
>
> > You might want take a look at RHDL ( http://rhdl.rub... )
>
> i was just looking at it... would you say it's a sledgehammer for this tack?

Possibly. Depends on how much modelling you need to do. RHDL has
signals which can be bit vectors (registers) and it lets you do
dataflow modelling. But yeah, maybe it's overkill for what you're
doing.

Phil