Re: Chunky Bacon

Cameron, Gemma (UK)

10/26/2006 4:12:00 PM

And again, what has any of this got to do with coding!

Thanks _why for this fantastic tangant!

Gem

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jones [mailto:tafftoo@gmail.com]
Sent: 26 October 2006 17:08
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: Chunky Bacon

or for the more visually stimulated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J...

On 10/26/06, David Jones <tafftoo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok this was mainly to satisfy my own curiosity but...
>
> Traveling in a fried-out combie
> On a hippie trail, head full of zombie I met a strange lady, she made
> me nervous She took me in and gave me breakfast
>
> And she said,
>
> "Do you come from a land down under?
> Where women glow and men plunder?
> Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
> You better run, you better take cover."
>
> Buying bread from a man in Brussels
>
> He was six foot four and full of muscles I said, "Do you speak-a my
> language?"
> He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich And he said,
>
> "I come from a land down under
> Where beer does flow and men chunder
>
> Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
> You better run, you better take cover."
>
> Lying in a den in Bombay
> With a slack jaw, and not much to say
> I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me
>
> Because I come from the land of plenty?"
> And he said,
>
> "Oh! Do you come from a land down under? (oh yeah yeah) Where women
> glow and men plunder?
> Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
>
> You better run, you better take cover."
>

> On 10/26/06, David Jones <tafftoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I don't get it either. It's quite a mental image though! ;)
> >
> > On 10/26/06, Cameron, Gemma (UK) < Gemma.Cameron@baesystems.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > Am I too british or too young to understand?
> > >
> > > =Þ
> > >

> > > Gem

6 Answers

Phlip

Cameron, Gemma (UK) wrote:

> And again, what has any of this got to do with coding!

This thread is the very first thing I thought of when I woke up this
morning.

(BTW the answer to the original question is because Lucky Stiff is a dadaist
genius, and juxtaposing "chunky" with delicious "bacon", that's supposed to
be smoothly cut, is very unsettling...)

--
Phlip
http://www.greencheese.u... <-- NOT a blog!!!

Rick DeNatale

On 10/26/06, David Jones <tafftoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> As the tall fox puts it's "The only thing the world will know me for is
> Chunky Bacon". very poignant

Another one for us oldsters.

The Smothers Brothers used to do a bit in which Dick (the more serious
brother) introduced a song they were about to perform as being
poignant.

Tommy then looked puzzled about the word and Dick explained that it
meant "pregnant with feeling."

Tommy then said that the song was about a girl who was "six months poignant."

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denh...

Hal E. Fulton

Rick DeNatale wrote:

> The Smothers Brothers used to do a bit in which Dick (the more serious
> brother) introduced a song they were about to perform as being
> poignant.
>
> Tommy then looked puzzled about the word and Dick explained that it
> meant "pregnant with feeling."
>
> Tommy then said that the song was about a girl who was "six months
> poignant."

That is the funniest thing I have heard today.

Hal

Clifford Heath

Phlip wrote:
> (BTW the answer to the original question is because Lucky Stiff is a dadaist
> genius, and juxtaposing "chunky" with delicious "bacon", that's supposed to
> be smoothly cut, is very unsettling...)

What I'd like to know is...

What's become of the crispy bacon we had before the war? <...gunshot...>

:-)

J2M

Rick DeNatale wrote:

> Tommy then said that the song was about a girl who was "six months poignant."

LMAO

Phlip

Rick DeNatale wrote:

> Tommy then said that the song was about a girl who was "six months
> poignant."

She was with Why, right?

David Jones wrote:

> Traveling in a fried-out combie

"Mobilating in a fried-out gombie."

I'm not even gonna google for the rest...

And I sure hope everyone blames Why for this thread!