Re: [ANN] Potential Brit ruby meeting formally Chunky Bacon

Cameron, Gemma (UK)

10/25/2006 3:10:00 PM

Sounds good!

I'll be there at the next meeting (hopefully) anyway. ( :

Gem

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Robinson [mailto:paul@iconoplex.co.uk]
Sent: 25 October 2006 16:05
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: [ANN] Potential Brit ruby meeting formally Chunky Bacon

*** WARNING ***

This mail has originated outside your organization, either from an
external partner or the Global Internet.

On 25 Oct 2006, at 10:32, Cameron, Gemma (UK) wrote:

> Head count for who'd be up for a meeting and where you currently hang
> your hat please:
>
> Gem - Preston
> Peter Hickman - Brighton
> Spooq - London

Paul Robinson: Manchester

I'd imagine a large proportion of the entire North West Ruby User
Group: The North West, with a concentration around Manchester thanks to
GeekUp. Can do a headcount over there if you want?

> And any topics to discuss:
> HP sauce and Chunky Bacon (see previous thread for details)

I'm vegetarian. So it's Chunky Quorn Bacon-style Slices for me. :-D

> Good ruby resources

Democratic Republic of Congo. Oh, you didn't mean that type of Ruby...

> Possible Gems to develop (not me!)

Where to start? Look at CPAN, look at Rubyforge, subtract one from the
other and you have a list of candidates, I suppose...

> Ruby usage at work... Or "Wearing Ruby Slippers to Work" (better than
> bring your dog to work day)

100% of my code at work is now Ruby. Advantage of being your own boss.
:-)