Re: search file in a directory

Gavin Kistner

10/24/2006 5:21:00 PM

From: James Edward Gray II [mailto:james@grayproductions.net]
> On Oct 22, 2006, at 12:15 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:
> > Do we have a gateway problem again?
> We took some pretty drastic measures when we addressed the last
> Gateway issue and haven't seen a thing since. I think we have it
> pretty locked down now.

If "locked down" is meant to imply "dialed in", i.e. functioning
perfectly...I think you're mistaken.

In the last several days I've seen a bunch of items on the newsgroup
that are replies to messages that never showed up there. And (I think)
vice versa - stuff that shows up on groups.google.com that isn't showing
up on the mailing list.

1 Answer

hemant

On 10/24/06, Gavin Kistner <gavin.kistner@anark.com> wrote:
> From: James Edward Gray II [mailto:james@grayproductions.net]
> > On Oct 22, 2006, at 12:15 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:
> > > Do we have a gateway problem again?
> > We took some pretty drastic measures when we addressed the last
> > Gateway issue and haven't seen a thing since. I think we have it
> > pretty locked down now.
>
> If "locked down" is meant to imply "dialed in", i.e. functioning
> perfectly...I think you're mistaken.
>
> In the last several days I've seen a bunch of items on the newsgroup
> that are replies to messages that never showed up there. And (I think)
> vice versa - stuff that shows up on groups.google.com that isn't showing
> up on the mailing list.

Just out of curiosity...

Whenever I have to find a file in Ruby script...normally, what I do is:

data = `find .`
file_array = data.split("\n")
#iterate through the array here..and find your gem

Isn't it faster than inbuilt find?
Of course...i could be completely wrong, and above script can be used
only on a Unix box.

--
There was only one Road; that it was like a great river: its springs
were at every doorstep, and every path was its tributary.