powerpoint converter??

ARMANDO PADILLA

10/24/2006 7:48:00 AM

Hi everyone is there a ruby library to create powerpoint files or open
office power point files?

Thanks. Been looking around for a few weeks now but cant seem to find a
thing on google or sourceforce.

Thank
Armando P.
2 Answers

Paul Lutus

Armando Padilla wrote:

> Hi everyone is there a ruby library to create powerpoint files or open
> office power point files?

No, but if you want to open a PowerPoint file, why not run PowerPoint?

> Thanks. Been looking around for a few weeks now but cant seem to find a
> thing on google or sourceforce.

Perhaps you could tell us what you are trying to accomplish. Do you want a
way to orchestrate the display of PowerPoint slides using Ruby? Do you want
to create new PowerPoint slides using Ruby?

In other words, how does Ruby fit into this picture?

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.ara...

David Roberts

Armando Padilla wrote:
> Hi everyone is there a ruby library to create powerpoint files or open
> office power point files?
>
> Thanks. Been looking around for a few weeks now but cant seem to find a
> thing on google or sourceforce.
>
> Thank
> Armando P.

The online version of Programming Ruby (aka 'the pickaxe') has an item
on processing an excel file using the Win32OLE library.

My guess would be that, as another component of the MS 'Office' family,
handling a PowerPoint file can't be that different?

See -

http://www.rubycentral.com/book/...

DJ