Tk Layout help please

Mohammad ---

10/22/2006 6:40:00 PM

okay this is an example of what I want it to look like:
http://www.geocities.com/name_here44/t...

I want to be able to have them edit items and their prices, it saves it
into another txt file for another program, so I want them to be able to
edit the items and prices the way the file saves is:

item
price
item
price

I currently don't know how to do tabels or anything like that so if
someone could help me out on that.

Morton Goldberg

10/23/2006

0

On Oct 22, 2006, at 2:39 PM, Mohammad --- wrote:

> okay this is an example of what I want it to look like:
> http://www.geocities.com/name_here44/t...
>
> I want to be able to have them edit items and their prices, it
> saves it
> into another txt file for another program, so I want them to be
> able to
> edit the items and prices the way the file saves is:
>
> item
> price
> item
> price
>
> I currently don't know how to do tabels or anything like that so if
> someone could help me out on that.

Implementing a table is not such an easy thing to do if you are new
to Ruby/Tk. It might be better to use a pre-existing table widget
rather than try to code one yourself.

There is a table widget in /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/tkextlib/tktable.rb (on
Mac OS X -- path might be somewhat different path on other platform).
There are examples of using this widget at

<http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgibin/cvsweb.cgi/ruby/ext/...
tkextlib/tktable/>

I have not used this widget myself, so I can't give you any tips on
how to use it. Sorry.

Regards, Morton

Hidetoshi NAGAI