[ANN] hoe 1.1.2 Released

Ryan Davis

10/22/2006 5:01:00 PM

hoe version 1.1.2 has been released!

http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
ryand-ruby@zenspider.com

Hoe is a simple rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It
generates all the usual tasks for projects including rdoc generation,
testing, packaging, and deployment.

Tasks Provided:

* announce - Generate email announcement file and post to
rubyforge.
* audit - Run ZenTest against the package
* check_manifest - Verify the manifest
* clean - Clean up all the extras
* debug_gem - Show information about the gem.
* default - Run the default tasks
* docs - Build the docs HTML Files
* email - Generate email announcement file.
* install - Install the package. Uses PREFIX and RUBYLIB
* multi - Run the test suite using multiruby
* package - Build all the packages
* post_news - Post announcement to rubyforge.
* publish_docs - Publish RDoc to RubyForge
* release - Package and upload the release to rubyforge.
* ridocs - Generate ri locally for testing
* test - Run the test suite. Use FILTER to add to the
command line.
* uninstall - Uninstall the package.

See class rdoc for help. Hint: ri Hoe

Changes:

= 1.1.2

* Added -d and -t flags to sow to make dev or trunk subdirs for p4
and svn projects.
* Added install_gem to further test gem builds.
* Added test_globs to customize your test file list.
* Removed demo.rb from clean_globs. I'm torn on this one.
* Fixed bug in install rule.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
ryand-ruby@zenspider.com

4 Answers

David Pollak

Do you have a link to the "Hoe" video you showed at RubyConf?

On Oct 22, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Ryan Davis wrote:

> hoe version 1.1.2 has been released!
>
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
> http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
> ryand-ruby@zenspider.com
>
> Hoe is a simple rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It
> generates all the usual tasks for projects including rdoc generation,
> testing, packaging, and deployment.
>
> Tasks Provided:
>
> * announce - Generate email announcement file and post to
> rubyforge.
> * audit - Run ZenTest against the package
> * check_manifest - Verify the manifest
> * clean - Clean up all the extras
> * debug_gem - Show information about the gem.
> * default - Run the default tasks
> * docs - Build the docs HTML Files
> * email - Generate email announcement file.
> * install - Install the package. Uses PREFIX and RUBYLIB
> * multi - Run the test suite using multiruby
> * package - Build all the packages
> * post_news - Post announcement to rubyforge.
> * publish_docs - Publish RDoc to RubyForge
> * release - Package and upload the release to rubyforge.
> * ridocs - Generate ri locally for testing
> * test - Run the test suite. Use FILTER to add to the
> command line.
> * uninstall - Uninstall the package.
>
> See class rdoc for help. Hint: ri Hoe
>
> Changes:
>
> = 1.1.2
>
> * Added -d and -t flags to sow to make dev or trunk subdirs for p4
> and svn projects.
> * Added install_gem to further test gem builds.
> * Added test_globs to customize your test file list.
> * Removed demo.rb from clean_globs. I'm torn on this one.
> * Fixed bug in install rule.
>
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
> http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
> ryand-ruby@zenspider.com

Rob Biedenharn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_...

On Oct 22, 2006, at 11:32 PM, David Pollak wrote:

> Do you have a link to the "Hoe" video you showed at RubyConf?
>
> On Oct 22, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Ryan Davis wrote:
>
>> hoe version 1.1.2 has been released!
>>
>> http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
>> http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
>> ryand-ruby@zenspider.com
>>
>> Hoe is a simple rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It
>> generates all the usual tasks for projects including rdoc generation,
>> testing, packaging, and deployment.
>>
>> Tasks Provided:
>>
>> * announce - Generate email announcement file and post to
>> rubyforge.
>> * audit - Run ZenTest against the package
>> * check_manifest - Verify the manifest
>> * clean - Clean up all the extras
>> * debug_gem - Show information about the gem.
>> * default - Run the default tasks
>> * docs - Build the docs HTML Files
>> * email - Generate email announcement file.
>> * install - Install the package. Uses PREFIX and RUBYLIB
>> * multi - Run the test suite using multiruby
>> * package - Build all the packages
>> * post_news - Post announcement to rubyforge.
>> * publish_docs - Publish RDoc to RubyForge
>> * release - Package and upload the release to rubyforge.
>> * ridocs - Generate ri locally for testing
>> * test - Run the test suite. Use FILTER to add to the
>> command line.
>> * uninstall - Uninstall the package.
>>
>> See class rdoc for help. Hint: ri Hoe
>>
>> Changes:
>>
>> = 1.1.2
>>
>> * Added -d and -t flags to sow to make dev or trunk subdirs for p4
>> and svn projects.
>> * Added install_gem to further test gem builds.
>> * Added test_globs to customize your test file list.
>> * Removed demo.rb from clean_globs. I'm torn on this one.
>> * Fixed bug in install rule.
>>
>> http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
>> http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
>> ryand-ruby@zenspider.com

Rob Biedenharn http://agileconsult...
Rob@AgileConsultingLLC.com
+1 513-295-4739

x1

ROTF I agree David, that was awesome!

On 10/22/06, Rob Biedenharn <Rob@agileconsultingllc.com> wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_...
>
> On Oct 22, 2006, at 11:32 PM, David Pollak wrote:
>
> > Do you have a link to the "Hoe" video you showed at RubyConf?
> >
> > On Oct 22, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Ryan Davis wrote:
> >
> >> hoe version 1.1.2 has been released!
> >>
> >> http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
> >> http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
> >> ryand-ruby@zenspider.com
> >>
> >> Hoe is a simple rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It
> >> generates all the usual tasks for projects including rdoc generation,
> >> testing, packaging, and deployment.
> >>
> >> Tasks Provided:
> >>
> >> * announce - Generate email announcement file and post to
> >> rubyforge.
> >> * audit - Run ZenTest against the package
> >> * check_manifest - Verify the manifest
> >> * clean - Clean up all the extras
> >> * debug_gem - Show information about the gem.
> >> * default - Run the default tasks
> >> * docs - Build the docs HTML Files
> >> * email - Generate email announcement file.
> >> * install - Install the package. Uses PREFIX and RUBYLIB
> >> * multi - Run the test suite using multiruby
> >> * package - Build all the packages
> >> * post_news - Post announcement to rubyforge.
> >> * publish_docs - Publish RDoc to RubyForge
> >> * release - Package and upload the release to rubyforge.
> >> * ridocs - Generate ri locally for testing
> >> * test - Run the test suite. Use FILTER to add to the
> >> command line.
> >> * uninstall - Uninstall the package.
> >>
> >> See class rdoc for help. Hint: ri Hoe
> >>
> >> Changes:
> >>
> >> = 1.1.2
> >>
> >> * Added -d and -t flags to sow to make dev or trunk subdirs for p4
> >> and svn projects.
> >> * Added install_gem to further test gem builds.
> >> * Added test_globs to customize your test file list.
> >> * Removed demo.rb from clean_globs. I'm torn on this one.
> >> * Fixed bug in install rule.
> >>
> >> http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
> >> http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
> >> ryand-ruby@zenspider.com