[ANN] InlineFortran 1.0.0 Released

Ryan Davis

10/22/2006 4:32:00 PM

InlineFortran version 1.0.0 has been released!

http://www.rubyforge.org/projects/...

== FEATURES/PROBLEMS:

* Very rudimentary right now. Needs some love.

== SYNOPSYS:

inline :Fortran do |builder|
builder.subroutine('print_integer', ["void", "int"], <<-END)
subroutine print_integer( integer )
integer, intent(in) :: integer
print *, 'integer: ', integer
end
END
end

== REQUIREMENTS:

Changes:

== 1.0.0 / 2006-10-21

* 1 major enhancement
* Birthday!

http://www.rubyforge.org/projects/...

7 Answers

David Vallner

And so we come full circle, 50 years of technological advancement have
allowed us to run FORTRAN! Again. I still can't decide whether to cheer
or groan ;)

However, impressive, as all of RubyInline. Which reminds me, I should
toy with it again to see if I can make it play along with directory
names with spaces like I meant to two years ago. (Or did this happen to
be fixed since?)

David Vallner

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

David Vallner wrote:
> And so we come full circle, 50 years of technological advancement have
> allowed us to run FORTRAN! Again. I still can't decide whether to cheer
> or groan ;)

I haven't written any Fortran since 1990. I suppose it *would* come back
to me. 50 years, eh? Well ... I wrote my first Fortran (II) programs
almost that long ago. At least the machines *were* solid-state. :)

So you *can* write Fortran programs in any language!

David Vallner

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Well ... I wrote my first Fortran (II) programs
> almost that long ago. At least the machines *were* solid-state. :)

/me hides Edward's Zimmer frame, steals apples from his garden, and
stands on his lawn.

> So you *can* write Fortran programs in any language!

Now it's decided. *groan*

David Vallner

Seon

"The Chief Instigator" <patrick@io.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 14:24:44 +1000, Seon <seon@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> Hell no I'm not ready for any made up cult.
>
> Neither am I, all the way back to the Romans, if not earlier. I don't
> need
> invisible sky pixies, and haven't had any use for them in 45-odd years.

Lucky you, well I realize now all religion is made up.

The Chief Instigator

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:04:06 +1000, Seon <seon@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> "The Chief Instigator" <patrick@io.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 14:24:44 +1000, Seon <seon@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>>> Hell no I'm not ready for any made up cult.
>>
>> Neither am I, all the way back to the Romans, if not earlier. I don't
>> need invisible sky pixies, and haven't had any use for them in 45-odd
>> years.
>>
> Lucky you, well I realize now all religion is made up.

Theism is one of the world's oldest scams - four millennia, if not longer.

--
Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey (patrick@prismnet.com) Houston, TX
www.prismnet.com/~patrick (TCI's 2009-10 Houston Aeros) AA#2273

SkyEyes

On Sep 20, 4:36 pm, The Chief Instigator <patr...@io.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:04:06 +1000, Seon <s...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
> > "The Chief Instigator" <patr...@io.com> wrote in message
>
> >> Neither am I, all the way back to the Romans, if not earlier.  I don't
> >> need invisible sky pixies, and haven't had any use for them in 45-odd
> >> years.
>
> > Lucky you, well I realize now all religion is made up.
>
> Theism is one of the world's oldest scams - four millennia, if not longer.

Theism qua theism is much older. To our distant, newly human
ancestors who didn't understand *anything* about how the universe
worked, superstition was about the only way they had to cope.

What walksalone likes to call "the revealed gods of the desert" date
back approximately 4,000 years, give or take.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net

SQL Queries

On 9/20/2010 4:51 PM, SkyEyes wrote:
> [...]
> Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
> BAAWA Knight
> EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
> skyeyes nine at cox dot net

Ha ha ha ha ha! Having a "registered Atheist number" means you're not
so different from the theists at whom you sneer. I consider myself a
small-"a" atheist, or a "weak" atheist.

"strong" atheist - believes there is no god
"weak" atheist - does not believe there is a god

There is a crucial linguistic and philosophical distinction. The former
has a rigid and irrational belief system and is every bit as religious
as most theists. The latter open-minded and rational, and most likely
bases beliefs rationally.