New To Ruby

Res Pons

10/19/2006 5:56:00 PM

Hi Class

I just installed the Ruby 1.8.5 One-Click Installer Stable version
(recommended) for WinXp and accepted all the default installation options
but when I run fxri I receive the following errors:

4 Answers

Curt Hibbs

On 10/19/06, Res Pons <pons32@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Class
>
> I just installed the Ruby 1.8.5 One-Click Installer Stable version
> (recommended) for WinXp and accepted all the default installation options
> but when I run fxri I receive the following errors:

Just ignore them. For some reason they started appearing for FXRuby
based applications when Ruby 1.8.5 was released. I don't know why, but
other than being annoying, they don't seem to effect the operation of
the app.

Curt

David Vallner

Curt Hibbs wrote:
> On 10/19/06, Res Pons <pons32@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Class
>>
>> I just installed the Ruby 1.8.5 One-Click Installer Stable version
>> (recommended) for WinXp and accepted all the default installation options
>> but when I run fxri I receive the following errors:
>
> Just ignore them. For some reason they started appearing for FXRuby
> based applications when Ruby 1.8.5 was released. I don't know why, but
> other than being annoying, they don't seem to effect the operation of
> the app.

Hide them by using rubyw.exe to start FreeRIDE? I'd expect most people
use FreeRIDE from the end-user perspective, and don't really need the
debugging output.

David Vallner

Res Pons

OK, as long as it's not just me who's seeing these errors; I thought I
probably did something wrong. Thanks for your help.

>I just installed the Ruby 1.8.5 One-Click Installer Stable version
>(recommended) for WinXp and accepted all the default installation options
>but when I run fxri I receive the following errors:

Just ignore them. For some reason they started appearing for FXRuby
based applications when Ruby 1.8.5 was released. I don't know why, but
other than being annoying, they don't seem to effect the operation of
the app.

Curt

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&...

Res Pons

Thanks, will play around with it.

>> I just installed the Ruby 1.8.5 One-Click Installer Stable version
>> (recommended) for WinXp and accepted all the default installation
options
>> but when I run fxri I receive the following errors:
>
> Just ignore them. For some reason they started appearing for FXRuby
> based applications when Ruby 1.8.5 was released. I don't know why, but
> other than being annoying, they don't seem to effect the operation of
> the app.

Hide them by using rubyw.exe to start FreeRIDE? I'd expect most people
use FreeRIDE from the end-user perspective, and don't really need the
debugging output.

David Vallner

<< signature.asc >>

Use your PC to make calls at very low rates
https://voiceoam.pcs.v2s.live.com/partnerred...