ruby/vim competition

Ara.T.Howard

Mauricio Fernández

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 12:08:04AM +0900, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:
> show off your (ruby/vim).fu
>
> http://sciruby.codeforpeople.com/sr.cgi/...
>
> the idea: make a short screencast (2 min or less please). upload it, let
> the awe strike.

I've tried to upload
http://eige.../hiki.rb?c=plugin;plugin=attach_download;p=xmpfilter+0.3.1;file_name...
(which wasn't originally made for the sake of the competition --- I've made a
better one ;) but the page cannot be edited by non-members. Would it be
possible to make it editable?

--
Mauricio Fernandez - http://eige... - singular Ruby

Ara.T.Howard

Peña, Botp

fr ara and mauricio's vim contribs:

# > On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 12:08:04AM +0900,
# ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:
# >> show off your (ruby/vim).fu
# >>
# >> http://sciruby.codeforpeople.com/sr.cgi/...
# >>
# >> the idea: make a short screencast (2 min or less please).
# upload it, let
# >> the awe strike.
# >
# > I've tried to upload
# >
# http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?c=plugin;plugin=attach...
# p=xmpfilter+0.3.1;file_name=rspec.gif
# > (which wasn't originally made for the sake of the
# competition --- I've made a
# > better one ;) but the page cannot be edited by non-members.
# Would it be
# > possible to make it editable?
#
# hi all - just an fyi. if you want a sciruby account just
# ping me offline. or
# ask one of the other members. any members can add more members.

Hi Ara and Mauricio, that is awesome; but if you may be so kind to include how you did the magic in vim, pls post/include it on the the web too. i am no vim expert, just plain typist and ruby manual reader.

kind regards -botp

Ara.T.Howard

Peña, Botp

fr ara.t.howard@noaa.gov [mailto:ara.t.howard@noaa.gov] :
# http://sciruby.codeforpeople.com/sr.cgi/...
# http://codeforpeople....
#
# but let me know - are these easy enough to view? font wise?

i have sight problem. am sorry :(
can you make the font bigger? and besides almost 50% of screen view is not used..

thanks and kind regards -botp

ps: i did not know you can put background images on vim or is that transparency effect only. [ot] you must be very religious.

jmg3000

On 10/20/06, Peña, Botp <botp@delmonte-phil.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> ps: i did not know you can put background images on vim or is that
> transparency effect only. [ot] you must be very religious.

Wait. Religious about the background image, or about using Vim instead of Emacs?

{ducks}

;)
---John

P.S. This is a very cool thread. Fun stuff. No reason to limit it to
Vim though. :)

Mark Woodward

Hi John,

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 02:28:05 +0900, John Gabriele wrote:

> On 10/20/06, Peña, Botp <botp@delmonte-phil.com> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> ps: i did not know you can put background images on vim or is that
>> transparency effect only. [ot] you must be very religious.
>>

> Wait. Religious about the background image, or about using Vim instead of Emacs?
>
> {ducks}
>
> ;)
> ---John
>
> P.S. This is a very cool thread. Fun stuff. No reason to limit it to
> Vim though. :)

as a Vim user I'm happy to have it restricted to Vim ;-)
But I have to admit this is extremely cool!!!

http://platypope.org/yada/e...

--
Mark

jmg3000

On 10/21/06, Mark Woodward <markonlinux@internode.on.net> wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > P.S. This is a very cool thread. Fun stuff. No reason to limit it to
> > Vim though. :)
>
> as a Vim user I'm happy to have it restricted to Vim ;-)
> But I have to admit this is extremely cool!!!
>
> http://platypope.org/yada/e...

Thanks for the great link Mark!

Jeff Wood

John Gabriele wrote:
> On 10/21/06, Mark Woodward <markonlinux@internode.on.net> wrote:
>> [snip]
>> >
>> > P.S. This is a very cool thread. Fun stuff. No reason to limit it to
>> > Vim though. :)
>>
>> as a Vim user I'm happy to have it restricted to Vim ;-)
>> But I have to admit this is extremely cool!!!
>>
>> http://platypope.org/yada/e...
>
> Thanks for the great link Mark!

The original author of the screencast did shed a bit of light on his
configuration ...

http://platypope.org/blog/2006/9/8/i-need-a-cool-europ...

jd