Re: Is anyone using Ruby for 24/7 financial applications?

khaines

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

khaines@enigo.com wrote:
> I am.
>
> The other day I restarted the IOWA process for a web site that had been
> running 270 days without a problem. I only had to restart it because of
> something dumb that I did.

I can't remember the last time *I* went 270 days without doing something
dumb. :)

> I don't have downtime that is Ruby related. I just don't. I've been
> using Ruby for sites, apps, and software processes in production
> environments, for businesses, since spring of 2002.

That is wonderful to hear! Just out of curiosity, how did you discover
Ruby and what led you to become an "early adopter?"

khaines

Stefan Schmiedl

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 00:13:49 +0900, khaines wrote:

> I did the stupid thing. I picked Ruby and IOWA. I hacked IOWA until I
> had a workable solution, and built the site.

.... and Kirk does an awesome job of improving IOWA ever since.

I have several (quite simple, non-critical, low-volume) IOWA web-apps
running without problems as long as the underlying hardware holds out.

And if speed is your concern, go ahead and compare whatever you want
to IOWA/mongrel or IOWA/EventMachine ... blazingly fast.

s.

klaus momberger

khaines@enigo.com schrieb:

> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> easy to read and maintain. I've used Ruby for everything I could since.
>

> Kirk Haines

very interesting post, and thanks for the endorsement. ;-)

-klaus

atbusbook

RapidReporting.com is a servise used by 80% of the top 1000 morgage
underwriters it is a rails app

M.I. Wakefield

FOAD, nazi.
----------------------------
"?pam?uster" wrote in message news:IEmqq.4432$yY3.3874@newsfe01.iad...

"Duncan Patton a Campbell" <campbell@neotext.ca> wrote in message
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 17:54:38 -0400, M.I. Wakefield wrote:
>
>> Took a while, but here he is:
>>
>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/25/darren-huff-birther-obama_n_10...
>
> I was readin' in the Grauniad how Guvner Peewee from Texico claims his
> school record has no more merit as an issue than Bama's place of birth.
>
> ?WTF?
>
> If we were to take that a FACE VALUE where could it lead?
>
> Logically, I mean
>
> "Dippy" graduated from TAM with a 2.5 in aggie-sci.
>
> He was also a cheerleader, like GWB.
>
> ... sounds to me like that's an openin' shot in
> what's gonna be one shit-slinger of an election.
>
> Now just who was it that Cain slew?
>
> Dhu
>
> --
> Duncan Patton a Campbell is Dhu >>> Ne Obliviscaris

?pam?uster

KILLFILE OR BLOCK:

"M.I. Wakefield" <none@present> wrote in message

Thomas Wheat (35), 1131 Evans Dr., Santa Rosa, CA 95405, 707-542-2288

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:29:39 -0400, "M.I. Wakefield" <none@present>
wrote:

>"?pam?uster" please let me suck out your butthole!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M.I. Wakefield

" Buster the Clown" wrote:

> M. I. Wakefield, 124 Market St, Thunder Bay, ON P7A8A4; 807-767-2236

LIAR!!

Nothing but a pathetic, useless LIAR!!

Thomas Wheat (35), 1131 Evans Dr., Santa Rosa, CA 95405, 707-542-2288

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 23:03:13 -0400, "M.I. Wakefield" <none@present>
wrote:

>Buster, I'm an AssClown, but I still want to suck out your butthole!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!