RubyGame on windows

Mohammad ---

10/17/2006 11:28:00 PM

I just installed rubygame for windows but when I require it, the
"rubygame.rb" tries to load "rubygame.so" which I don't have if I remove
this require from the lib then there are errors that alot of things are
undifiend, where can I find this "rubygame.so"?

Justin Collins

Mohammad --- wrote:
> I just installed rubygame for windows but when I require it, the
> "rubygame.rb" tries to load "rubygame.so" which I don't have if I remove
> this require from the lib then there are errors that alot of things are
> undifiend, where can I find this "rubygame.so"?

Did you read and follow the installation instructions at
http://rubygame.infogami... ? It should be loading rubygame.dll,
actually. It looks like you have to move a lot of stuff around to get it
working.

Good luck.

-Justin

Mohammad ---

Justin Collins wrote:
> Mohammad --- wrote:
>> I just installed rubygame for windows but when I require it, the
>> "rubygame.rb" tries to load "rubygame.so" which I don't have if I remove
>> this require from the lib then there are errors that alot of things are
>> undifiend, where can I find this "rubygame.so"?
>>

> Did you read and follow the installation instructions at
> http://rubygame.infogami... ? It should be loading rubygame.dll,
> actually. It looks like you have to move a lot of stuff around to get it
> working.
>
> Good luck.
>
> -Justin

Hmm... That's what I used check this out:
# This is the file that should be imported, it in turn imports
rubygame.so
# (which has all of the C code for rubygame) and all the other rubygame
modules

require "rbconfig"

require "rubygame.%s"%[Config::CONFIG["DLEXT"]]

okay I actually looked in my lib and I don't seem to have rbconfig, yet
I don't get an error about that for somereasson but, it seems like it
needs to be loaded from the way that Config::CONFIG thing jumps out. So
what do I do to get this working?

Mohammad ---

Okay new error:
pic. at geocities.com/name_here44/error.jpg

Does this mean there is somthing wrong with my SDL dll or what?

Kev Jackson

I looked at rubygame a couple of weeks ago, it wasn't difficult to set
up *if* you follow the instructions on the website. The most
important thing is to make sure your SDL.dll and associated dlls
(libtiff etc) are in windows/system32 as rubygame wouldn't pick them
up from the path (IME).

It's not a bad library, but a warning, right now sound support is broken.

Kev

Nobuyoshi Nakada

At Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:30:05 +0900,
Mohammad --- wrote in [ruby-talk:220525]:
> require "rbconfig"
>
> require "rubygame.%s"%[Config::CONFIG["DLEXT"]]

You don't need to do it, require "rubygame.so" actually does look for
also rubygame.dll in 1.8.

However, the DLL included in the package is compiled with VC8, so it
can't work with One-Click Installer 1.8.5-21.

--
Nobu Nakada

WikipedianKiba@gmail.com

As far as I know, Rubygame doesn't support sound in the first place.

On 10/18/06, Kevin Jackson <foamdino@gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked at rubygame a couple of weeks ago, it wasn't difficult to set
> up *if* you follow the instructions on the website. The most
> important thing is to make sure your SDL.dll and associated dlls
> (libtiff etc) are in windows/system32 as rubygame wouldn't pick them
> up from the path (IME).
>

> It's not a bad library, but a warning, right now sound support is broken.
>
> Kev

</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">I looked at rubygame a couple of weeks ago, it wasn't difficult to set

Mohammad ---

Thanks everyone that posted, I had a freind install it, I just didn't
install ALL of the SDL files, I didn't read that in the install thingy
but anyway. Thanks!