wiki.rubyonrails.org spam

Andrew Roth

Who's in charge of wiki.rubyonrails.org? The spam is ridiculous. The
maintainer needs to step up and take action.

-Andrew Roth

5 Answers

Greg Donald

On 10/17/06, Andrew Roth <andrewroth@gmail.com> wrote:
> Who's in charge of wiki.rubyonrails.org? The spam is ridiculous. The
> maintainer needs to step up and take action.

With a wiki, a reader is a maintainer. The rollback links are at the
bottom of the pages. Go for it.

--
Greg Donald
http://des...

James Britt

Andrew Roth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Who's in charge of wiki.rubyonrails.org? The spam is ridiculous. The
> maintainer needs to step up and take action.

This question is probably better asked on the Rails mailing list.

For wikis in general, though, the "maintainer" is often the collection
of people who use and value the wiki. For a large wiki there is really
no way a single person can look after it.

If you see spam, remove it.

--
James Britt

"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute."
- H. Abelson and G. Sussman
(in "The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs)

Rob Sanheim

On 10/17/06, Andrew Roth <andrewroth@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Who's in charge of wiki.rubyonrails.org? The spam is ridiculous. The
> maintainer needs to step up and take action.
>
> -Andrew Roth

A little logic captcha I've come up with (details here:
http://www.robs.../br...) will hopefully be in place
soon on the Rails wiki. I've been working with one of the maintainers
to get it setup... It may just be a temporary solution, as I think
they want to move things to Ruse once its publicly released

- Rob
--
http://www.robs...
http://www.seekin...

Rob Sanheim

On 10/17/06, Rob Sanheim <rsanheim@gmail.com> wrote:
> A little logic captcha I've come up with (details here:
> http://www.robsanheim.com/br...) will hopefully be in place
> soon on the Rails wiki. I've been working with one of the maintainers
> to get it setup... It may just be a temporary solution, as I think
> they want to move things to Ruse once its publicly released

Oops, wrong url. Details here:
http://www.robsanheim.com/br...

- rob

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

On Oct 17, 2006, at 9:45 AM, Andrew Roth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Who's in charge of wiki.rubyonrails.org? The spam is ridiculous. The
> maintainer needs to step up and take action.
>
> -Andrew Roth

Yeah the rails wiki is totally spammed hard. But there is a small
team of people(myself included) that are working on migrating the
rails wiki to Jim Weirich's Ruse wiki that now powers rubygarden.
Ruse is made to stop spam and make it easy to maintain. SWO patients
until then but it is being worked on.

Cheers-
-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Lead Rails Evangelist