Trouble with gem update on Mac OS X

Gavin Kistner

10/17/2006 4:34:00 PM

This morning I found that my laptop had an older version of gems on it
(0.8.11).

1) I ran "gem update --system" and got errors (because I wasn't running
it as root--oops).

2) I then ran "sudo gem update --system" and it worked. (Yay! 0.9.0)

3) I then ran "gem list a" and saw a nice list of all my local gems.
(Yay!)

4) I then ran "sudo gem update attributes" and got an error message.
(I'm sorry, I didn't copy the text down.)

5) I then ran "sudo gem uninstall attributes" and got a message that it
had successfully uninstalled attributes 3.2.0.

6) I then ran "sudo gem install attributes" and got an error message.
(Again, I didn't copy it down. However, it was the same error message I
got previously when my gem cache was corrupted.)

I didn't have time to hunt down the cache and clean it out and see if
that would fix it. However, I thought I would report that either (1) or
(2) above seems to have corrupted something about my rubygems
install/cache.

This is on Mac OS X 10.4.8, with my own (well-functioning)
/usr/local/bin build of ruby 1.8.5

8 Answers

Seth lePod

:
> It idiot.  Baptism brings it to life.

You ARE aware, are you not, of the Mormon
ritual of baptizing non-Mormons who have
died into their Church, seeing that they're
dead and all, and hardly in a position to
object?

In fact, in their quest to thus save all
souls, it is entirely within the tenants and
practices of their faith that they may someday
baptize you, Duke, post-mortem, for your own good.

For starters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_fo...

(man, i hate having to explain a good joke)

Seth

> The dukester, American - American
> A vote for obama is a vote for the end of
> democracy in America as we know it. Let the
> rolling thunder guide your decision at the
> ballot box to put an end to Imperial Obama.
> May God bless America.

Andy W

On Sep 22, 8:26 am, Seth lePod <v.inferna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 21, 1:35 pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 00:41:58 GMT, repo...@scientology.org (Fred) wrote:
> > >The Mormon hate cult just baptised it!
>
> :
>
> > It idiot.  Baptism brings it to life.
>
> You ARE aware, are you not, of the Mormon
> ritual of baptizing non-Mormons who have
> died into their Church, seeing that they're
> dead and all, and hardly in a position to
> object?
>
> In fact, in their quest to thus save all
> souls, it is entirely within the tenants and
> practices of their faith that they may someday
> baptize you, Duke, post-mortem, for your own good.
>
> For starters:
>
>    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_fo...
>
> (man, i hate having to explain a good joke)
>
> Seth

I wonder what happens if they baptise a dead Buddhist who has already
reincarnated..?

reports

Seth lePod <v.infernalys@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sep 21, 1:35=A0pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 00:41:58 GMT, repo...@scientology.org (Fred) wrote:
>> >The Mormon hate cult just baptised it!
>> It idiot. =A0Baptism brings it to life.
>You ARE aware, are you not, of the Mormon ritual of baptizing non-Mormons who have
>died into their Church, seeing that they're dead and all, and hardly in a position to
>object?

it's worse than that, the mormon cult also pretends to "baptise"
some people who are still alive, mistakenly believing they are dead.

seems their "prophets" are speaking different languages from the
gods that are trying to tell them how to fuck over their followers.

reports

Andy W <vorath@mailinator.com> wrote:

>I wonder what happens if they baptise a dead Buddhist who has already
>reincarnated..?

creates wormholes in desitter space.

Dakota

On 9/22/2012 4:47 AM, Andy W wrote:
> On Sep 22, 8:26 am, Seth lePod <v.inferna...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> :
>>
>>> It idiot. Baptism brings it to life.
>>
>> You ARE aware, are you not, of the Mormon
>> ritual of baptizing non-Mormons who have
>> died into their Church, seeing that they're
>> dead and all, and hardly in a position to
>> object?
>>
>> In fact, in their quest to thus save all
>> souls, it is entirely within the tenants and
>> practices of their faith that they may someday
>> baptize you, Duke, post-mortem, for your own good.
>>
>> For starters:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_fo...
>>
>> (man, i hate having to explain a good joke)
>>
>> Seth
>>

> I wonder what happens if they baptise a dead Buddhist who has already
> reincarnated..?

He's a much happier butterfly.

duke

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 00:26:18 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.infernalys@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sep 21, 1:35?pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 00:41:58 GMT, repo...@scientology.org (Fred) wrote:
>> >The Mormon hate cult just baptised it!
>>

>:
>> It idiot. ?Baptism brings it to life.
>
>You ARE aware, are you not, of the Mormon
>ritual of baptizing non-Mormons who have
>died into their Church, seeing that they're
>dead and all, and hardly in a position to
>object?

Mormons are not Christians, but instead "followers of Christ"..

duke <duckgumbo32@cox.net> wrote:
>On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 00:26:18 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.infernalys@gmail.com>
>>> It idiot. ?Baptism brings it to life.
>>You ARE aware, are you not, of the Mormon ritual of baptizing non-Mormons who have
>>died into their Church, seeing that they're dead and all, and hardly in a position to
>>object?
>Mormons are not Christians, but instead "followers of Christ"..

of course they are. they rape little boys up their bums in epidemic
numbers, you know. that alone confirms that they're christanics.

duke

On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 20:39:16 GMT, reports@scientology.org (Fred) wrote:

>duke <duckgumbo32@cox.net> wrote:
>>>You ARE aware, are you not, of the Mormon ritual of baptizing non-Mormons who have
>>>died into their Church, seeing that they're dead and all, and hardly in a position to
>>>object?
>>Mormons are not Christians, but instead "followers of Christ"..
>
>of course they are. they rape little boys up their bums in epidemic
>numbers, you know. that alone confirms that they're christanics.

That's what all fred's are best known for.