Re: Database schema....

Austin Ziegler

10/17/2006 3:58:00 PM

On 10/17/06, Nagasamudram, Prasanna Kumar

You probably want to ask this on the Rails list; this is for Ruby
questions. Better yet, you probably want to look up some database
design techniques to answer how this should be done (hint: you want an
association table).

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * http://www.halo...
* austin@halostatue.ca * http://www.halo...feed/

6 Answers

reports

Father Haskell <fatherhaskell@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Sep 21, 7:02=A0pm, repo...@scientology.org (Fred) wrote:
>> So we had 5 hours of the Space Shuttle being flown above California on
>> the back of a 747. While normal people stopped their cars, stepped
>> outside, stood in awe of science and technology, beauty and function,
>> among the dimwitted Republicans who even noticed, they looked up and
>> saw only billions of dollars that could have gone to their wealthy right
>> wing corporate masters instead of to advancing the human endeavor.
>> It was fantastic, incredible, literally a once-in-a-life-time event.
>> We live in such titanic times crammed with technological marvels the
>> likes of which are only just beginning.
>> Science is slowly winning out over superstition and occult delusion.
>1960s technology taken to its apex; flight computers used
>magnetic core memory well into the 1980s. Never fix what
>ain't broke.

isn't that insane? my mp3 sansa has an arm cpu in it, clock rate that
exceeds most of the cpus on the shuttle. :)

Father Haskell

On Sep 22, 12:56 am, repo...@scientology.org (Fred) wrote:
> Father Haskell <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Sep 21, 7:02=A0pm, repo...@scientology.org (Fred) wrote:
> >> So we had 5 hours of the Space Shuttle being flown above California on
> >> the back of a 747. While normal people stopped their cars, stepped
> >> outside, stood in awe of science and technology, beauty and function,
> >> among the dimwitted Republicans who even noticed, they looked up and
> >> saw only billions of dollars that could have gone to their wealthy right
> >> wing corporate masters instead of to advancing the human endeavor.
> >> It was fantastic, incredible, literally a once-in-a-life-time event.
> >> We live in such titanic times crammed with technological marvels the
> >> likes of which are only just beginning.
> >> Science is slowly winning out over superstition and occult delusion.
> >1960s technology taken to its apex; flight computers used
> >magnetic core memory well into the 1980s.  Never fix what
> >ain't broke.
>
> isn't that insane? my mp3 sansa has an arm cpu in it, clock rate that
> exceeds most of the cpus on the shuttle. :)

How insane are wire wrapped connections on a ship
intended to endure several Gs of acceleration?

reports

Father Haskell <fatherhaskell@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Sep 22, 12:56=A0am, repo...@scientology.org (Fred) wrote:
>> Father Haskell <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>On Sep 21, 7:02=3DA0pm, repo...@scientology.org (Fred) wrote:
>> isn't that insane? my mp3 sansa has an arm cpu in it, clock rate that
>> exceeds most of the cpus on the shuttle. :)
>How insane are wire wrapped connections on a ship
>intended to endure several Gs of acceleration?

lol! no shit? i didn't know that! fuck, that's very insane.

one of the early mercury engineers once said "you go with the
technology that you have." well damn. i guess so!

RD Sandman

linuxgal <linuxgal@cleanposts.com> wrote in

> Father Haskell wrote:
>>
>> 1960s technology taken to its apex; flight computers used
>> magnetic core memory well into the 1980s. Never fix what
>> ain't broke.
>
> The computers on the original 1981 space shuttle configuration had just
> 512KB of memory. Not even the 640K that Bill Gates thought would be
> enough for anybody. Still managed to get there and back again.

And code was written much tighter then.

--

Democracy means that anyone can grow up to be President,

And anyone who doesn't grow up can be Vice President.

Sleep well, tonight.....

RD (The Sandman)

linuxgal

RD Sandman wrote:
> linuxgal <linuxgal@cleanposts.com> wrote in
>
>> Father Haskell wrote:
>>> 1960s technology taken to its apex; flight computers used
>>> magnetic core memory well into the 1980s. Never fix what
>>> ain't broke.
>> The computers on the original 1981 space shuttle configuration had just
>> 512KB of memory. Not even the 640K that Bill Gates thought would be
>> enough for anybody. Still managed to get there and back again.
>>

> And code was written much tighter then.

Yeah, now you have to sit there while the Aero interface does its dog
and pony show. Oooo, aaaahhh.

--
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed,

http://www.clea...

> RD Sandman wrote:
>> linuxgal <linuxgal@cleanposts.com> wrote in

>>> The computers on the original 1981 space shuttle configuration had
>>> just 512KB of memory. Not even the 640K that Bill Gates thought
>>> would be enough for anybody. Still managed to get there and back
>>> again.
>>>

>> And code was written much tighter then.
>>

> Yeah, now you have to sit there while the Aero interface does its dog
> and pony show. Oooo, aaaahhh.

;)