Re: What is the reason for this syntax?

Frank Davis

10/17/2006 12:22:00 AM

"Never give up, never surrender!"

-- Jason Nesmith

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Olemoh [mailto:darkintent@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 5:05 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: What is the reason for this syntax?

If you can't understand what someone was responding to who are you to
talk about whether they understand compilers when you don't even
understand the nature of the conversation to begin with? What I did was
reply to a comment from another person that started this line of
conversation. Then some one comes along and says that there is no issue
and everyone who thinks there is are not knowledgeable enough about
anything to even think about such a situation. I disputed this, simply
put this really had nothing to do with the technical aspects of any
programming languages period, it was and is a very philosophical thing
that was brought up by someone other than myself.

When I said that I felt that the else if keyword was unnessecary what I
meant was that you should be able to do the following:

if condition
#stuff
else
if condition