Fix for next word/previous word Eclipse bug?

Kenneth McDonald

10/16/2006 11:14:00 PM

As far as I know, this isn't a ruby/eclipse bug, but I certainly haven't
found a general fix for it, so was wondering if anyone knowledgeable
about the Ruby Eclipse plugin might have suggestions.

In Eclipse (my version at least, which _is_ up to date, according to the
updater), the "Next Word" move command (bound to ctrl-right-arrow,
typically I think) has a bug; it simply goes to the end of the line.
Have others experienced this? Is there a fix?

Much less annoyingly (but still annoyingly), the Previous Word command
stops between whitespace characters, i.e. each space or tab character
seems to be considered a 'word'.

I haven't seen any ruby-mode-specific commands to overcome these
problems, but then I really don't know that much about Eclipse...

Thanks,
Ken

1 Answer

Gary

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 09:43:29 -0700, rumpelstiltskin
<rumpelstiltskin@x.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 10:46:17 -0400, Gary <nos@none.com> wrote:
><snip>
>

>>Talk about "a rich man's war and a poor man's fight" -- that is all it
>>would be.
>

> That expression is new to me, but I like it a lot! It reminds me
>of an early commie slogan I ran into and posted here recently,
>"A bayonet is a weapon with a worker at both ends."

I like "rich man's war" because to me it sums up the Civil War. It
was then that small Southern farmers and non-slave holders went off to
fight the Yankees (and die) to protect the rich man's slave property.
They had to go, because the rich man (small in numbers) had to stay
home a supervise his slaves. He could not risk his precious ass,
er, I mean life.

Two branches of my family were fairly prosperous before that war.
After it, they were very poor for at least two generations. Down to
my grandparents.

I've been a big fan of this phrase for a long time.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_was_the_Civil_War_called_the_rich_man's_war_and_the_poor_man&#...