no freeride

Ike

10/16/2006 1:29:00 PM

I know this is a newbie question, but I've just installed InstantRails and
am trying to invoke the Freeride editor from the command line (using the
same command as in the run.bat provided with freeride, so that I can see the
stack trace) and it is unable to start up. I'm on Win XP SP2, and wondering
if anyone can point me in the right direction here. Stack trace below.
Thanks, Ike

C:\InstantRails\ruby\freeride>ruby freeride.rb
C:/InstantRails/ruby/freeride/./plugins/rubyide_project/project.rb:80:in
`attach
_editpane': undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
from
C:/InstantRails/ruby/freeride/./plugins/rubyide_project/project.rb:
97:in `reopen_files'
from
C:/InstantRails/ruby/freeride/./plugins/rubyide_project/project.rb:
95:in `reopen_files'
from
C:/InstantRails/ruby/freeride/./plugins/rubyide_project/project.rb:
54:in `initialize'
from
C:/InstantRails/ruby/freeride/./plugins/rubyide_project/project_man
ager.rb:82:in `open_project'
from
C:/InstantRails/ruby/freeride/./plugins/rubyide_project/project_man
ager.rb:152:in `open_default_project'
from
C:/InstantRails/ruby/freeride/./plugins/rubyide_project/project_man
ager.rb:47:in `initialize'
from
C:/InstantRails/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/databus.rb:612:
in `notify'
from
C:/InstantRails/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/databus.rb:609:
in `notify'
from
C:/InstantRails/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/databus.rb:385:
in `data='
from
C:/InstantRails/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:66:in `
initialize'
from
C:/InstantRails/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:35:in `
startup'
from freeride.rb:77:in `startup'
from freeride.rb:116

C:\InstantRails\ruby\freeride>

3 Answers

Curt Hibbs

On 10/16/06, Ike <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I know this is a newbie question, but I've just installed InstantRails and
> am trying to invoke the Freeride editor from the command line (using the
> same command as in the run.bat provided with freeride, so that I can see the
> stack trace) and it is unable to start up. I'm on Win XP SP2, and wondering
> if anyone can point me in the right direction here. Stack trace below.
> Thanks, Ike

You need to put the ..\ruby\bin directory that's in your Instant Rails
directory tree on you system path. Once you've done that it should
work.

Curt

Ike

"Curt Hibbs" <ml.chibbs@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You need to put the ..\ruby\bin directory that's in your Instant Rails
> directory tree on you system path. Once you've done that it should
> work.
>
> Curt

Yes, I've done that Curt (other .rb files invoke fine)-- but the stack trace
seems to indicate something in the rb files which is ruby-specific, because
it crashes out still with the following stack trace (I think it is unable to
open a window of a project I since deleted?):

[...]

When I went and killed everythging for freeride under "Documents and
Settings" it starts up fine now.