eRuby, lack of information

Vince Panuccio

I've seen many web articles on how to use eRuby but i can't seem to find
eruby.exe as being part of the 1.8.x release. All I can see is a batch
file named erb.bat which works fine when working from the command line,
but there is nothing available for Apache.

And before you mention mod_ruby, according to the modruby.net website
there will never be a win32 version.

Is support for eRuby this bad on the windows platform?

Jano Svitok

On 10/16/06, Vince /. <totalharmonicdistortion@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen many web articles on how to use eRuby but i can't seem to find
> eruby.exe as being part of the 1.8.x release. All I can see is a batch
> file named erb.bat which works fine when working from the command line,
> but there is nothing available for Apache.
>
> And before you mention mod_ruby, according to the modruby.net website
> there will never be a win32 version.
>
> Is support for eRuby this bad on the windows platform?

ERB is a pure-ruby replacement of eRuby, with a bit differrent usage.
You can use it via CGI, Webrick or Mongrel. For more information,
please search archives for eruby.

Vince Panuccio

Jan Svitok wrote:
> On 10/16/06, Vince /. <totalharmonicdistortion@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Is support for eRuby this bad on the windows platform?
> ERB is a pure-ruby replacement of eRuby, with a bit differrent usage.
> You can use it via CGI, Webrick or Mongrel. For more information,
> please search archives for eruby.

I have searched the forums for eruby but I havent had much luck. It
seems that Apache + Windows isn't the right combination for ruby web
scripting at this time.

Jano Svitok

On 10/16/06, Vince /. <totalharmonicdistortion@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jan Svitok wrote:
> > On 10/16/06, Vince /. <totalharmonicdistortion@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Is support for eRuby this bad on the windows platform?
> > ERB is a pure-ruby replacement of eRuby, with a bit differrent usage.
> > You can use it via CGI, Webrick or Mongrel. For more information,
> > please search archives for eruby.
>
> I have searched the forums for eruby but I havent had much luck. It
> seems that Apache + Windows isn't the right combination for ruby web
> scripting at this time.

Ok then.

http://www.hiveminds.co.uk... show how to setup eruby + apache.

Even easier is Webrick's ERBHandler. Just start Webrick, and it will
feed .rhtml files into ERB. See http://www.ruby-forum.com/t...