UDP Server

Mohammad ---

10/16/2006 2:55:00 AM

Alright I've been trying to set up a UDP server for my "Game", the
"Client" is in python, but I want a ruby server. I tried some code from
the Ruby book, but I wasn't able to get it to work. If someone could
please help me out with starting the server. BTW: port is 5555

Paul Barry

Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
> On 10/15/06, Mohammad --- <name.goes.here44@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Alright I've been trying to set up a UDP server for my "Game", the
>> "Client" is in python, but I want a ruby server. I tried some code from
>> the Ruby book, but I wasn't able to get it to work. If someone could
>> please help me out with starting the server. BTW: port is 5555

Not sure what platform you are using, but ... if Linux, some of the
distros come with a pretty tight firewall setting by default ... your
traffic to port 5555 may be being discarded/blocked.

Just a thought.

The other thing that might help the network-savvy readers to help you is
if you post the code (or part of) you have written that's not working.

Regards.

Paul.

--
Paul Barry
paul.barry@itcarlow.ie

Norgg

Mohammad --- wrote:
> Alright I've been trying to set up a UDP server for my "Game", the
> "Client" is in python, but I want a ruby server. I tried some code from
> the Ruby book, but I wasn't able to get it to work. If someone could
> please help me out with starting the server. BTW: port is 5555

Code for just about the simplest of servers is below, should just print
out all requests coming in from your python client if it's sending it
correctly:

require 'socket'
serv = UDPSocket.open
serv.bind(nil, 5555) #first param is hostname, nil works fine.
loop{puts serv.recv(5555)}

If it doesn't work then you should probably test to make sure your
python client is actually sending things correctly.

Mohammad ---

John Turner wrote:
> Mohammad --- wrote:
>> Alright I've been trying to set up a UDP server for my "Game", the
>> "Client" is in python, but I want a ruby server. I tried some code from
>> the Ruby book, but I wasn't able to get it to work. If someone could
>> please help me out with starting the server. BTW: port is 5555
>>

> Code for just about the simplest of servers is below, should just print
> out all requests coming in from your python client if it's sending it
> correctly:
>
> require 'socket'
> serv = UDPSocket.open
> serv.bind(nil, 5555) #first param is hostname, nil works fine.
> loop{puts serv.recv(5555)}
>
> If it doesn't work then you should probably test to make sure your
> python client is actually sending things correctly.

Thanks alot now I can get started on a server. :D also how would I get
the address also, the reasson why I decided to do the game in python
instead of ruby was beacause there is a libary called "PyGame" which is
just a another handler for open SDL(is that it? the graphics?) anyway is
there one for ruby there's still time for me to change the language

GOP_Decline_and_Fall

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:45:51 -0400, Sancho Panza
<otterpower@xhotmail.com> wrote:

>On 9/24/2013 11:39 PM, RichTravsky wrote:
>> Sancho Panza wrote:

>>> An out-and-out lie. Nowhere in the 25:26 minutes of Mamalo's direct
>>> testimony nor in 21:22 of cross-examination was restrain or any
>>> reference to that ever made.
>>> As a matter of fact, toward the end of the direct testimony he responded
>>> to a question that Zimmerman had never even glanced at Martin's body.
>>
>> Those are Zimmerman's own words.
>>
>Not at the trial, and that is what the judge and jury determined stands.

The re-enactment certainly WAS played for the jury in the Zimmerman
murder trial.

Perhaps you watched some other trial.

George Plimpton

On 9/25/2013 7:06 PM, GOP_Decline_and_Fall wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:45:51 -0400, Sancho Panza
> <otterpower@xhotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Those are Zimmerman's own words.
>>>
>> Not at the trial, and that is what the judge and jury determined stands.
>
> The re-enactment certainly WAS played for the jury in the Zimmerman
> murder trial.

Allowed by the prosecution, i.e., the state attorneys who overcharged
and incompetently managed the case - *not* because they wanted Zimmerman
to "get off", but because they were just incompetent fat fucks.

GOP_Decline_and_Fall

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 20:53:57 -0700, George Plimpton <george@si.not>
wrote:

>On 9/25/2013 7:06 PM, GOP_Decline_and_Fall wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:45:51 -0400, Sancho Panza
>> <otterpower@xhotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Not at the trial, and that is what the judge and jury determined stands.
>>
>> The re-enactment certainly WAS played for the jury in the Zimmerman
>> murder trial.
>
>Allowed by the prosecution, i.e., the state attorneys who overcharged
>and incompetently managed the case - *not* because they wanted Zimmerman
>to "get off", but because they were just incompetent fat fucks.

At the end of the day the bottom line is a mentally disturbed murderer
roams free, a threat to his wife, her family and anyone he comes into
contact with.

George Plimpton

On 9/25/2013 9:22 PM, GOP_Decline_and_Fall wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 20:53:57 -0700, George Plimpton <george@si.not>
> wrote:
>
>> On 9/25/2013 7:06 PM, GOP_Decline_and_Fall wrote:

>>> The re-enactment certainly WAS played for the jury in the Zimmerman
>>> murder trial.
>>
>> Allowed by the prosecution, i.e., the state attorneys who overcharged
>> and incompetently managed the case - *not* because they wanted Zimmerman
>> to "get off", but because they were just incompetent fat fucks.
>
> At the end of the day the bottom line is

The bottom line is:

* Traycon, the thug, was the aggressor
* George Zimmerman shot Traycon - the thug aggressor - in self defense
* Zimmerman was, justly, found not guilty by the jury, which did indeed
consider all evidence and applicable law

Gronk

Del Amitri wrote:

>>> Opinions are like assholes, etc...
>>
>> Even you have them.....are saying something? ;)
>>

> Sure, mine are sound.

You're saying your asshole is sound?

I swear, this is an entertaining thread...

Del Amitri

> I swear,

You're going to swear all right, trust me on that...

RichTravsky

George Plimpton wrote:

> On 10/15/2013 9:44 PM, RichTravsky wrote:
> > RD Sandman wrote:
> >>

> >> Bottom line is that the FBI already ruled out a civil rights case and the
> >> Florida statute kinda prevents the Martin family from pursuing this any
> >> further. IOW, I would expect there will be more noise like on Usenet
> >> than you will hear from Holder.
> >

> > There is nothing to prevent a civil suit against Zimmerman.
>
> It won't happen. Guaranteed. The entire Traycon-the-thug life story
> would come out, and that would cost the thug's family money. It would
> kill the chance for the Traycon-the-savior TV movie.

None of that would be relevent to the case, whereas Zimmerman's violent
record would be.