[ANN] GPX gem 0.1

Doug Fales

10/14/2006 10:28:00 PM

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the first release of my GPX ruby gem:

http://gpx.rub...

GPX is an XML format for representing GPS data. This 100% ruby gem
supports reading, editing, and writing of GPX files. It is the same
code that powers the trip-editing part of my site,
http://walki....

In addition to parsing GPX files, this gem also supports:
* parsing and conversion of the NMEA output from Magellan GPS devices
* deletion and cropping of points within/outside of a rectangular bounds
* calculation of meta-data about files, tracks, segments
* creating new GPX files

-Doug Fales
http:...
http://walki...