[ANN] Pre-RubyConf Gathering

Tim Pease

10/12/2006 7:02:00 PM

A small gathering is being planned for the RubyConf early arrivals. If
you will be in Denver on Thursday evening, Oct 19, Ara and I were
planning on getting together at the "Southern Sun" in Boulder (not too
far from Denver).

http://www.mountains...

There are directions on the webpage.

If you are interested in coming, please send either myself or Ara a
quick e-mail. We'll guage interest and post more information.

Blessings,
TwP

tim.pease@gmail.com
ara.t.howard@noaa.gov

9 Answers

Ben Bleything

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006, Tim Pease wrote:
> A small gathering is being planned for the RubyConf early arrivals. If
> you will be in Denver on Thursday evening, Oct 19, Ara and I were
> planning on getting together at the "Southern Sun" in Boulder (not too
> far from Denver).

What does transportation from DEN (or the conference hotel) to there
look like? I'm sure I'm not the only one who won't be renting a car...

Ben

Ara.T.Howard

Matt Lawrence

Bil Kleb

Tim Pease wrote:
> A small gathering is being planned for the RubyConf early arrivals. If
> you will be in Denver on Thursday evening, Oct 19, Ara and I were
> planning on getting together at the "Southern Sun" in Boulder (not too
> far from Denver).

Cool. I'll be there; I'll have a rental car; I'm planning
to leave from the conference hotel, unless I visit some
NCAR folks in Boulder earlier that day...

Cell 812.1805. (I'll leave the area code up to you; hint:
Hampton, VA.)

Later,
--
Bil Kleb
http://fun3d.lar...

Tim Pease

On 10/12/06, Tim Pease <tim.pease@gmail.com> wrote:
> A small gathering is being planned for the RubyConf early arrivals. If
> you will be in Denver on Thursday evening, Oct 19, Ara and I were
> planning on getting together at the "Southern Sun" in Boulder (not too
> far from Denver).
>
> http://www.mountains...
>
> There are directions on the webpage.
>
> If you are interested in coming, please send either myself or Ara a
> quick e-mail. We'll guage interest and post more information.
>
> Blessings,
> TwP

In light of the GeekBeer announcement (http://gee...) from
David Pollack, the meet-up at the Southern Sun is being called off.
Aside from the drive up to Boulder, the current snow coming down, rush
hour traffic and all that, Ara and I simply can't afford to buy
everyone beer :)

Take David up on his offer, though, and head over to the Old Chicagos
next door to the hotel.

Blessings,
TwP

Ben Bleything

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006, Tim Pease wrote:
> Take David up on his offer, though, and head over to the Old Chicagos
> next door to the hotel.

Will you and Ara be joining us?

:)

Ben

Ara.T.Howard

Tim Pease

On 10/17/06, Ben Bleything <ben@bleything.net> wrote:

> Will you and Ara be joining us?

I'll have to decline. Wife, kid, work, RubyConf -- it's a busy week.

TwP

Paul Robinson

On 17 Oct 2006, at 23:02, Tim Pease wrote:

> I'll have to decline. Wife, kid, work, RubyConf -- it's a busy week.

At least three of those can be dumped straight off. RubyConf is all
you need to worry about. :-D