rubyforge.org down

Tom Copeland

10/10/2006 5:25:00 PM

RubyForge is down... investigating now.

Sigh,

Tom

17 Answers

Gaspard Bucher

Tom Copeland wrote:
> RubyForge is down... investigating now.
>
> Sigh,
>
> Tom

Damned !! I just needed to do

# svn up

to continue working on the 'bricks' project at home, and I am stuck !

please let me know when the forge comes back to life ...

"bon courage" (french, don't know the equivalent in english).

Drew Olson

Tom Copeland wrote:
> RubyForge is down... investigating now.
>
> Sigh,
>
> Tom

Darn! I just got the hankering to mess around with Instant Rails!

Daniel Berger

Tom Copeland wrote:
> RubyForge is down... investigating now.
>
> Sigh,
>
> Tom

Oops, that was me. It seems that the script I wrote to artificially
pad my gem download stats got a little crazy and, uh, wait....should I
be telling you this?

KIDDING!

- Dan

Tom Copeland

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 07:10 +0900, Daniel Berger wrote:
> Tom Copeland wrote:
> > RubyForge is down... investigating now.
> >
> > Sigh,
> >
> > Tom
>
> Oops, that was me. It seems that the script I wrote to artificially
> pad my gem download stats got a little crazy and, uh, wait....should I
> be telling you this?
>
> KIDDING!

"RubyForge is down.... round up the usual suspects."

Tom

Suraj Kurapati

Gaspard Bucher

> Gaspard Gaspard wrote:
>>
>> to continue working on the 'bricks' project at home, and I am stuck !
>
> Perhaps this is a good opportunity to learn about decentralized
> version control systems, such as Darcs, Mercurial, Arch, Bazaar,
> Monotone, SVK, etc.
>
> Make the best of bad situations, no? :-)

This seems great ! I will have a closer look into SVK.

Thanks for the link.

Gaspard Bucher

Is it just me or is rubyforge.org dead from yesterday evening (europe
time) ?

What's up ?

Do I really have to ride a motorcycle to go to the office grab the work
I did two days ago or is there a chance I will be able to 'svn up' soon
?

Any news on what is happening welcome...

Gaspard

Dr Nic

Gaspard Bucher wrote:
> Is it just me or is rubyforge.org dead from yesterday evening (europe
> time) ?
>
> What's up ?
>
> Do I really have to ride a motorcycle to go to the office grab the work
> I did two days ago or is there a chance I will be able to 'svn up' soon
> ?
>
> Any news on what is happening welcome...

It just died again. It has been up for at least 12 hours. That's a
record I think... :)

I even blogged about RF's woes:
http://drnicwilliams.com/2006/10/11/ls-devil...

Nic

Dr Nic

Dr Nic wrote:
> Gaspard Bucher wrote:
>> Is it just me or is rubyforge.org dead from yesterday evening (europe
>> time) ?

>> Any news on what is happening welcome...
>
> It just died again. It has been up for at least 12 hours. That's a
> record I think... :)

Ooh, its back up.

Nic

Tom Copeland

> Is it just me or is rubyforge.org dead from yesterday evening (europe
> time) ?
>
> What's up ?
>
> Do I really have to ride a motorcycle to go to the office
> grab the work
> I did two days ago or is there a chance I will be able to
> 'svn up' soon
> ?
>
> Any news on what is happening welcome...

Yup, it went offline again this morning at 1035 and came back up at
1110. Believe me, I'm just as unhappy as everyone else about these
random & frequent crashes, and I'm working to fix it...

Yours,

Tom