Stable *source* RPM for Ruby?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

10/10/2006 2:39:00 PM

Is there a *source* RPM for the latest stable Ruby somewhere on the
Internet? A quick check of Google didn't turn anything up, and I didn't
see it on the new web site either. I need the source RPM; I have found
binary RPMs but they are of no use for what I am doing. Thanks!

3 Answers

Jano Svitok

On 10/10/06, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@cesmail.net> wrote:
> Is there a *source* RPM for the latest stable Ruby somewhere on the
> Internet? A quick check of Google didn't turn anything up, and I didn't
> see it on the new web site either. I need the source RPM; I have found
> binary RPMs but they are of no use for what I am doing. Thanks!

rpmfind.net shows 1.8.5 in FC6 development and in mandriva cooker.

Aria Stewart

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 23:54 +0900, Jan Svitok wrote:
> On 10/10/06, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@cesmail.net> wrote:
> > Is there a *source* RPM for the latest stable Ruby somewhere on the
> > Internet? A quick check of Google didn't turn anything up, and I didn't
> > see it on the new web site either. I need the source RPM; I have found
> > binary RPMs but they are of no use for what I am doing. Thanks!
>
> rpmfind.net shows 1.8.5 in FC6 development and in mandriva cooker.

PLD has one, though it's pretty PLDish.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Aredridel wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 23:54 +0900, Jan Svitok wrote:
>> On 10/10/06, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@cesmail.net> wrote:
>>> Is there a *source* RPM for the latest stable Ruby somewhere on the
>>> Internet? A quick check of Google didn't turn anything up, and I didn't
>>> see it on the new web site either. I need the source RPM; I have found
>>> binary RPMs but they are of no use for what I am doing. Thanks!
>> rpmfind.net shows 1.8.5 in FC6 development and in mandriva cooker.
>
> PLD has one, though it's pretty PLDish.

I also found a rather complete collection in openSuse:

http://software.opensuse.org/download/ruby/SuSE_Linux...

I was hoping for something "Fedora/RHEL" like, since the target system
is CentOS 4, but I think any of these will work. Thanks!