Tom Copeland

jmg3000

On 10/10/06, Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com> wrote:
> Yay!
>
> http://tomcopeland.blogs.com/juniordeveloper/2006/10/rubygem_do...
>
> Yours,
>
> Tom

Thanks Tom.

BTW, what does "active" mean, as in "Most active this week"?

When looking at stats pages on Rubyforge, the three things I'd be most
curious about are,

1. For the past week, which projects have had the most changes made
(i.e. lines of code changed), and

2. For the past week, the top 100 (or so) project's downloaded (not
just the top 10).

3. The last 100 most-recently registered projects.

Incidentally, it seems like all the stat pages are available from
http://rubyforg... , but on the front page, the link pointing
to that page is actually placed under "Top Project Downloads" labeled
"[more]". If it *is* the main stat page, you might want to give it a
more prominent position on the front page.

Thanks again for keeping Rubyforge humming!

---John

Tom Copeland

> BTW, what does "active" mean, as in "Most active this week"?

That's sort of an aggregation of activity on a project - opened/closed
bugs, forums posts, releases, number of developers, etc. It all gets
added up and jumbled into one number.

> 1. For the past week, which projects have had the most
> changes made (i.e. lines of code changed), and
>
> 2. For the past week, the top 100 (or so) project's
> downloaded (not just the top 10).
>
> 3. The last 100 most-recently registered projects.

Cool, OK, I'll see what I can do!

> Incidentally, it seems like all the stat pages are available
> from http://rubyforg... , but on the front page, the
> link pointing to that page is actually placed under "Top
> Project Downloads" labeled "[more]". If it *is* the main stat
> page, you might want to give it a more prominent position on
> the front page.

Yeah, hm, let's see. OK, I added a "stats" link to the front page;
can't hurt.

> Thanks again for keeping Rubyforge humming!

You're welcome!

Yours,

Tom

Dr Nic

>> Thanks again for keeping Rubyforge humming!

Hear hear.

I think more snazzy graphs and ways to discover increasingly
popular/downloaded gems/projects would be great.

Nic