Reciving Packets

Mohammad ---

10/10/2006 11:45:00 AM

Hello,
I'm working on a game made in python and it now sends out packetes to my
IP:PORT I desicgnate, but any way I thought it would be ALOT eaiser if I
did the server in ruby over python since I don't even now all the stuff
I need to know to make a server in python. So they can recive and send
packets to each other right?

Thanks in advance,
Mohammad

Bira

On 10/10/06, Mohammad --- <name.goes.here44@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm working on a game made in python and it now sends out packetes to my
> IP:PORT I desicgnate, but any way I thought it would be ALOT eaiser if I
> did the server in ruby over python since I don't even now all the stuff
> I need to know to make a server in python. So they can recive and send
> packets to each other right?

They can - TCP/IP isn't dependent on language, so a properly written
server in Ruby will be able to receive packets sent by a properly
written Python client. The same applies to every other language
capable of handling TCP/IP.

--
Bira
http://compexplicita.bl...