Newbie question Canvas or frame

Mer Gilmartin

10/10/2006 10:19:00 AM

In ruby-tk

Do you need a canvas to show a picture or is it ok to
show a picture on a frame?

When should you use a canvas?

Mer Gilmartin

Mer Gilmartin wrote:

> In ruby-tk
> Do you need a canvas to show a picture or is it ok to
> show a picture on a frame?
> When should you use a canvas?

Ok. canvas is needed to display picture.
but i still would like to hear peoples comments about
canvases and frames to understand them better.

Hidetoshi NAGAI

Mer Gilmartin

Hidetoshi NAGAI wrote:
> If you want to show a picture only, you don't need a canvas widget.
> Please create a TkPhotoImage object and assign it to `image' option
> of a TkLabel object (or a widget which has `image' option).

Ah. Im using TkPhotoImage with canvas and a frame. Is this ok ?

And the `TkImg' extension, do I add that with require "TKImg".
I have active tcl on the computer.

Hidetoshi NAGAI

Mer Gilmartin

Thank You!