Subtle change in ruby 1.9

Rick DeNatale

10/9/2006 8:46:00 PM

While reading the ruby source code, I found an interesting trivia
nugget about module mix-in semantics, and that it appears to be subtly
changing in 1.9.

I hadn't seen mention of this change anywhere, so I wrote about it today.

http://talklikeaduck.denh...articles/2006/10/09/a-subtle-change-to-mixin-semantics-i...

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denh...

1 Answer

Daniel Berger

On Oct 9, 2:45 pm, "Rick DeNatale" <rick.denat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While reading the ruby source code, I found an interesting trivia
> nugget about module mix-in semantics, and that it appears to be subtly
> changing in 1.9.
>
> I hadn't seen mention of this change anywhere, so I wrote about it today.
>
> http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/articles/2006/10/09/a-su......

Interesting.

Slightly off topic, but I'm curious what you think of fine grained
mixins:

http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/735/309/r...

This was mostly done in response to "Roles" in Perl 6.

Regards,

Dan