Re: K&R for Ruby?

netghost

10/6/2006 4:31:00 PM

Wow, nobody has recommended "Programming Ruby"?
First edition is free at:
http://ruby-doc.org/docs/Progra...
The second edition is available at all your favorite bookstores.

For the antithesis of a professional, and yet still very informative
book:
http://poignantguide...
_why may be the single most devestatingly odd yet brilliant rubyist we
have.

Anyways, those are just general suggestions which I would recommend to
anyone looking at ruby.
.adam

Esmail Bonakdarian wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the recommendations so far, if there are
> others, please keep them coming.
>
> Thanks!

1 Answer

Esmail Bonakdarian

Hi Adam,

Adam Sanderson wrote:
> Wow, nobody has recommended "Programming Ruby"?
> First edition is free at:
> http://ruby-doc.org/docs/Progra...
> The second edition is available at all your favorite bookstores.

Yes, I have been looking at both of these ..

> For the antithesis of a professional, and yet still very informative
> book:
> http://poignantguide...
> _why may be the single most devestatingly odd yet brilliant rubyist we
> have.

Hmm .. different strokes for different folks, just not for me, the
style was way too roundabout. I wanted relevant info w/o all the
extras ;-)

I know some people who really like it though.

Cheers,
Esmail