Re: Associating data with a function

Gavin Kistner

10/5/2006 3:51:00 AM

From: Jan Svitok [mailto:jan.svitok@gmail.com]
> Another possibility is to implement a pool of objects directly into
> ExpensiveObject or to create a layer above it.

That is an option, although I didn't mention that one complicating factor is that all this is happening in a repetitive, update-frame-basis. I considered using object pools for a while, but it was annoying to have to have the object pool itself running every frame in order to reset the pool state, and to ensure that it ran before/after all other methods.

Plus, because speed is an issue here, I prefer solutions that don't involve the overhead of a function/method call to get an Expensive instance. (Of course, such a pool could be managed less cleanly as a global array/index combo, or such.) But that's less important for the Ruby solution.

Thanks for the contribution to the thread for posterity; it is important to keep pools in mind for this sort of problem.

3 Answers

?p?m?uster

On 10/10/2012 2:12 AM, Kangaroo Court Australia wrote:

--
SPAMMED TO NON-RELEVANT GROUPS - AND DELETED

Kangaroo Court Australia

TO: The Respondents
AND TO: The Honourable Nicola Roxon MP
Attorney-General of the Commonwealth of
Australia
nic...@nicolaroxonmp.com, Nicola.roxon...@aph.gov.au,
attor...@ag.gov.au,
AND TO: The Honourable Greg Smith MP
Attorney-General of New South Wales
off...@smith.minister.nsw.gov.au,
AND TO: The Honourable Robert Clark MP
Attorney-General of Victoria
robert.cl...@parliament.vic.gov.au,
AND TO: The Honourable Jairod Bleigie MP
Attorney-General of Queensland
Attor...@ministerial.qld.gov.au,
AND TO: The Honourable Christian Porter MLA
Attorney-General of Western Australia
christian.por...@mp.wa.gov.au,
AND TO: The Honourable John Rau MP
Attorney-General of South Australia
a...@agd.sa.gov.au,
AND TO: The Honourable Brian Wightman MP
Attorney-General of Tasmania
Brian.Wight...@dpac.tas.gov.au,
AND TO: The Honourable Simon Corbell MLA
Attomey-General of the Australian Capital Territory
corb...@act.gov.au,
AND TO: The Honourable Johan Wessel Elferink MLA
Attomey-General of the Northern Territory of Australia
john.elfer...@nt.gov.au,
1. We give NOTICE OF A CONSTITUTIONAL MATTER: Pham vs Drakopoulos,
City of Greater Dandenong & Ors, S CI 2012 5043
2. A hearing of the Appellant's application is listed for hearing
before Justice Of the Supreme Court of Victoria on 22 October 2012.
3. Temp Exhibit 1 at
http://www.scribd.com/doc/106874876/Corrupt-racist-australi......
and the Temp Exhibit 2 as attached
1. The Appellant gives notice that this proceeding involves a
matter
arising under the Constitution or involving its interpretation within
the meaning of s 78B of the Judiciary Act 1903 (Cth).
Nature of constitutional matter
2. The constitutional issue raised by the Appellant’s
application
for
referral to the Court of Appeal pursuant to s33 of the Charter for
Human Rights and Responsibility Act 2006, on a Question of Law is the
jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of Victoria to make a bare
declaration as to the privileges, powers and immunities of the
administrative and or judicial arm of Victorian Civil and
Administrative Tribunal and the Supreme Court Victoria, and
Inconsistent Interpretation of the Charter, pursuant to ss 36 and 39
of the Charter;
The determination of this issue may raise for consideration ss 98,
107, 108, 117, 118 of the Constitution.
Facts showing that s 78B Judiciary Act I903 (Cth) applies
3. Consider this to be a draft of the facts; to be filled out
asap
with conduct of VCAT;
4. Appellant submits the VCAT Charter of Service;
5.
6. On 26 September 2012, on appeal from Associate Justice
Landsdowne,
Temp Exhibit 1
7. The Supreme Court staff failed to file the Affidavit of Le
Tuan
Pham dated 13 September in support of that appeal; in front of Dixon
for consideration;
8. Referral of question of law to the Court of Appeal pursuant
s33
of the Charter was refused by Dixon J and decision is reserved
without
hearing as to stay of proceedings on other matters before the Supreme
Court;
9. On 1 October 2012, on appeal from VCAT in front of AJ
Mukhtar;
Referral of question of law to the Court of Appeal pursuant to s33 of
the Charter, was refused without proper reasons; Decision is filed
and
will be rigorously challenged;
10. On 4 October 2012, the Appellant tried to file on appeal from
VCAT
pursuant to s148 of VCAT Act;
11. The Supreme Court Prothonotary refused filing of those
Originating
Motions without proper reasons as a breach of the Charter; Temp
Exhibit 2
12. There appears to be an abuse of discretion and a concerted
effort
to hijack the Charter, judicially and extra-judicially;
13. A hearing of the Appellant's application is listed for
hearing
before Justice
Of the Supreme Court of Victoria on 22 October 2012.
14. Authorities:
a. Momcilovic v The Queen [2011] HCA 34 (8 September 2011)
b. Kostas v HIA Insurance Services Pty Limited [2010] HCA 32
c. Gurnett v The Macquarie Stevedoring Co Pty Ltd [No 2][126]
FILED: Friday, 5 October 2012
Le Tuan Pham
Student-At-law
Human Rights Defender