apache upgrade in instant rails

Ike

10/3/2006 6:16:00 PM

I have installed instant rails 1.1 which includes apache web server 1.3.33.

However, I need to upgrade this to 2.0.59. Can I just go ahead and install
the Apache web server for 2.0.59 right over 1.3.33 that was installed with
instant rails? What pitfalls must I be aware of? -Ike

1 Answer

Curt Hibbs

On 10/3/06, Ike <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed instant rails 1.1 which includes apache web server 1.3.33.
>
> However, I need to upgrade this to 2.0.59. Can I just go ahead and install
> the Apache web server for 2.0.59 right over 1.3.33 that was installed with
> instant rails? What pitfalls must I be aware of? -Ike

No, this won't work because Instant Rails will try to update the
apache configuration file, and the 1.x and 2.x files are different.

Just configure Instant Rails to *not* to automatically start its copy
of Apache (use the menu command "Configure > Instant Rails"), and then
install Apache 2 somewhere else.

Curt