webrick/httpsutils missing?

mxbrunet

10/2/2006 2:25:00 PM

I'm trying to run the 'mechanize' gem from ubuntu and I get the
following errors:

No such file to load -- webrick/httputils (LoadError)

What have I missed? Can anyone help?

--max

7 Answers

hemant

On 10/2/06, mxbrunet <maxime.brunet@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to run the 'mechanize' gem from ubuntu and I get the
> following errors:
>
> No such file to load -- webrick/httputils (LoadError)
>
> What have I missed? Can anyone help?

I am not sure, if this is the fix. Probably first you should install
webrick as a gem or something.

But normally...you need to do:

require 'rubygems'
require 'mechanize'

Thats the way...mechanize would work properly.
--
There was only one Road; that it was like a great river: its springs
were at every doorstep, and every path was its tributary.

mxbrunet

Thanks for your help. I found my problem. I was supposing that webrick
was autotically installed with ruby ... I was using InstantRails on
Windows which comes with everything.

So basically, I had to go the webrick's site, downlad and install it
.... and voila.

thanks again.

Max

On Oct 3, 8:47 am, hemant <gethem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/2/06, mxbrunet <maxime.bru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to run the 'mechanize' gem from ubuntu and I get the
> > following errors:
>
> > No such file to load -- webrick/httputils (LoadError)
>
> > What have I missed? Can anyone help?I am not sure, if this is the fix. Probably first you should install
> webrick as a gem or something.
>
> But normally...you need to do:
>
> require 'rubygems'
> require 'mechanize'
>
> Thats the way...mechanize would work properly.
> --
> There was only one Road; that it was like a great river: its springs
> were at every doorstep, and every path was its tributary.

Eric Hodel

On Oct 4, 2006, at 2:00 PM, mxbrunet wrote:
> On Oct 3, 8:47 am, hemant <gethem...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/2/06, mxbrunet <maxime.bru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to run the 'mechanize' gem from ubuntu and I get the
>>> following errors:
>>
>>> No such file to load -- webrick/httputils (LoadError)
>>
>>> What have I missed? Can anyone help?I am not sure, if this is the
>>> fix. Probably first you should install
>> webrick as a gem or something.
>>
>> But normally...you need to do:
>>
>> require 'rubygems'
>> require 'mechanize'
>>
>> Thats the way...mechanize would work properly.
>
> Thanks for your help. I found my problem. I was supposing that webrick
> was autotically installed with ruby

It is:

$ ls /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httputils.rb
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httputils.rb

> ... I was using InstantRails on Windows which comes with everything.

It must be broken.

> So basically, I had to go the webrick's site, downlad and install it
> ... and voila.

I'd file a bug against InstantRails...

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

A: Yes
Q: Is top-posting bad?
— Derek Milhous Zumsteg

Curt Hibbs

On 10/5/06, Eric Hodel <drbrain@segment7.net> wrote:
> On Oct 4, 2006, at 2:00 PM, mxbrunet wrote:
> > Thanks for your help. I found my problem. I was supposing that webrick
> > was autotically installed with ruby
>
> It is:
>
> $ ls /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httputils.rb
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httputils.rb
>
> > ... I was using InstantRails on Windows which comes with everything.
>
> It must be broken.
>
> > So basically, I had to go the webrick's site, downlad and install it
> > ... and voila.
>
> I'd file a bug against InstantRails...

Its all there in Instant Rails... everything that is bundled with
Ruby. I just double checked in case something weird happenned in the
last release, but its all there.

Curt

hal lillywhite

On Jul 2, 8:00 pm, Yer Pal Al <caddyshack...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hey, Al, take a look at this. Every time I cut open another alligator, I
> > find the bones of more Gore voters. This week, I was hacking my way
> > through the Florida swampland known as the Office of Secretary of State
> > Katherine Harris and found a couple thousand more names of voters
> > electronically 'disappeared' from the vote rolls. About half of those
> > named are African-Americans. They had the right to vote, but they never
> > made it to the balloting booths.
>
> They should sue. They should make a big stink about it. For some
> reason, they aren't getting much press and lawyers really aren't
> interested in taking up their case.

I can think of only two reasons lawyers would not be interested in the
case:

1. There is no money in it. I doubt that in this case. While those
people are almost certainly not rich, lots of democratic supporters
who do have money would love to see Harris lose big on something like
this. Plus the state of Florida would be a juice target.

2. They don't think they are likely to win. I suspect that is the
reason.

Al

In article
<ca2acc6c-262f-4140-a69f-652c8a4d473f@vs10g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>,
Yer Pal Al <caddyshack.al@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 2, 3:06?pm, Billy <wildbi...@withoutta.net> wrote:
> > In article <jsj9mk$7v...@dont-email.me>,
> > ?Bill Shatzer <ww...@NOcornell.edu> wrote:
> >

> > > "House Majority Leader Mike Turzai (R-Allegheny) suggested that the
> > > House?s end game in passing the Voter ID law was to benefit the GOP
> > > politically.
> >
> > > ?We are focused on making sure that we meet our obligations that we?ve
> > > talked about for years,? said Turzai in a speech to committee members
> > > Saturday. He mentioned the law among a laundry list of accomplishments
> > > made by the GOP-run legislature.
> >
> > > ?Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it?s done. First pro-life
> > > legislation ? abortion facility regulations ? in 22 years, done. Voter
> > > ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of
> > > Pennsylvania, done.?
> >
> > > "The statement drew a loud round of applause from the audience."
> >
> > >http://www.politicspa.com/turzai-voter-id-law-means-romney-......
> >
> > > peace and justice,
> >
> > <http://www.gregpalast.com/a-blacklist-burning-for...
> > A Blacklist Burning For Bush
> >
> > Sunday, December 10, 2000
> >
> > Hey, Al, take a look at this. Every time I cut open another alligator, I
> > find the bones of more Gore voters. This week, I was hacking my way
> > through the Florida swampland known as the Office of Secretary of State
> > Katherine Harris and found a couple thousand more names of voters
> > electronically 'disappeared' from the vote rolls. About half of those
> > named are African-Americans. They had the right to vote, but they never
> > made it to the balloting booths.
>
> They should sue. They should make a big stink about it. For some
> reason, they aren't getting much press and lawyers really aren't
> interested in taking up their case.

That's why they hired Billy.

Sanders Kaufman

"hal lillywhite" wrote in message

> 2. They don't think they are likely to win. I suspect that is the
> reason.

Floridians are having a hard time figuring out if it's okay to chase down
and murder innocent, unarmed men - when they're black.
So wondering if they can win such an obvious case of election fraud is a
valid concern.
It's no big deal - that's just how things are in Republican states.

Theirs is not a forward-thinking culture.
Theirs is one in decline.