Re: Why can't I get on Top?

MonkeeSage

10/2/2006 7:08:00 AM

Jeffrey Schwab wrote:
> # $toplevel has to be set in here,
> # where it can really refer to the
> # including object.

Nice one Jeffery!

module Test
def self.included( base )
base.module_eval {
def m
puts 'Howdy do'
end
}
class << self
include Test
end
m # works

:)

Regards,
Jordan

5 Answers

Rugby

On Aug 21, 3:02 am, Kerrison <kerrison126-spar...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Cliburn / Leinsdorf / Boston anyone ?

One of Cliburn's better efforts, IMHO, especially first 2 movs. ( 2nd
Concerto) . But not quite in the same league as others mentioned.
There are excerpts of a live 1962 Brahms 2 in Moscow with Kondrashin
at YouTube. Thanks !

Dufus

Gerard

Dufus wrote:

> One of Cliburn's better efforts, IMHO, especially first 2 movs. ( 2nd
> Concerto) . But not quite in the same league as others mentioned.
> There are excerpts of a live 1962 Brahms 2 in Moscow with Kondrashin
> at YouTube. Thanks !
>
> Dufus

What does "Thanks !" stand for in this case?
Thanks.

Rob Lindauer

Gerard wrote:
> Dufus wrote:
>>
>> One of Cliburn's better efforts, IMHO, especially first 2 movs. ( 2nd
>> Concerto) . But not quite in the same league as others mentioned.
>> There are excerpts of a live 1962 Brahms 2 in Moscow with Kondrashin
>> at YouTube. Thanks !
>>
>> Dufus
>
> What does "Thanks !" stand for in this case?
> Thanks.

"Thanks for reading my post"

--
Rob Lindauer - for my real email, change "att" to "sbc"

Chew Chiat Naun

On Aug 20, 7:08 pm, EM <emmemmmemnmme...@gnail.com> wrote:
> Also symphonies 3 and 4 by COE/Haitink in these two concerts. I only
> saw and heard the performance of symphony no. 4 and it was very
> enjoyable.

The Chicago Symphony is currently streaming the Brahms 4 they did with
Haitink a couple of months ago (along with a Mozart concerto from the
same concert, also with Ax): http://cso.org/ListenAndWatch/Details.asp....

Naun.

EM

Chew Chiat Naun <naunc0@gmail.com> - Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:17:04 -0700
(PDT):

> The Chicago Symphony is currently streaming the Brahms 4 they did with
> Haitink a couple of months ago (along with a Mozart concerto from the
> same concert, also with Ax): http://cso.org/ListenAndWatch/Details.asp....

Thanks. 256 kbps MP3 (downloadable with dl software), quite generous.
It offers an opportunity to compare the two Brahms 4 performances by
Haitink c.s. Full symphony orchestra (May 2011; CSO) vs. the COE with
60 musicians (last week).

EM