Hash characters on a Macbook

Leslie Viljoen

10/1/2006 10:12:00 AM

Hey all

I am using my Mom's Macbook for the weekend and can't find an easy way
to type hash characters. I end up going to "Special Characters" in
Textmate and inserting them from there.

So is there an easier way?

Les

7 Answers

Martin Coxall

On 1 Oct 2006, at 11:11, Leslie Viljoen wrote:

> Hey all
>
> I am using my Mom's Macbook for the weekend and can't find an easy way
> to type hash characters. I end up going to "Special Characters" in
> Textmate and inserting them from there.
>
> So is there an easier way?

Alt+3

Martin

Jeff Schwab

Martin Coxall wrote:

> On 1 Oct 2006, at 11:11, Leslie Viljoen wrote:
>
>> Hey all
>>
>> I am using my Mom's Macbook for the weekend and can't find an easy way
>> to type hash characters. I end up going to "Special Characters" in
>> Textmate and inserting them from there.
>>
>> So is there an easier way?
>
> Alt+3

Shift+3?

Gerry

On 2013-08-07 17:37:42 +0000, Alex Beauroy said:

>> On 03/08/2013 18:46, Gerry wrote:
>>> On 2013-08-03 16:14:16 +0000, Alex Beauroy said:
>>>
>>> Does anyone here have an opinion about the Electronic Interactive Real
>>> Book?????
>>> I have found their way of advertising the product a bit PUSHY!!!!
>>
>> What is that way of advertising? I had not heard of it until you mentioned it.
>>
>>> Let me know what you think!
>>
>> Just see for yourself :
>> http://www.realbooksoftware.com/RealBookVideo/RealBook...

Okay, I watched the video. Know I don't think the advertising is pushy,
in that someone had to show me where it was. He doesn't "sell" a lot
via what I think of as an overly aggressive pitch. He just shows how
it works.

Anyway that's not really advertising, per se: It's just a demo.

I think it would be aggressive or "pushy" if I saw some advert every
time I went to a popular web site or if it came us as the first search
at google despite meager relationship to my search. That would be
pushy!
--
Those who wish to sing always find a song. -- Swedish proverb

rpjazzguitar

Is this thing legal? Does he really have all of those recordings properly licensed?

Alex Beauroy

On 07/08/2013 21:09, Gerry wrote:

>>> What is that way of advertising? I had not heard of it until you
>>> mentioned it.

>>> Just see for yourself :
>>> http://www.realbooksoftware.com/RealBookVideo/RealBook...
>
> Okay, I watched the video. Know I don't think the advertising is
> pushy, in that someone had to show me where it was. He doesn't "sell"
> a lot via what I think of as an overly aggressive pitch. He just shows
> how it works.
>
> Anyway that's not really advertising, per se: It's just a demo.
>
> I think it would be aggressive or "pushy" if I saw some advert every
> time I went to a popular web site or if it came us as the first search
> at google despite meager relationship to my search. That would be pushy!
/Sorry; I gave you the wrong link!!! //
//English is not my mother tongue, so may be "pushy" is not the right
word........ //
//Check that one !
//http://www.realbooksoftware.com/RealBookVolume1.php?page=&source=1&gclid=CK_70KaV7LgCFXHMtA...
//Best Regards//
//@lex /

Alex Beauroy

On 07/08/2013 22:30, Alex Beauroy wrote:

>> Okay, I watched the video. Know I don't think the advertising is
>> pushy, in that someone had to show me where it was. He doesn't "sell"
>> a lot via what I think of as an overly aggressive pitch. He just
>> shows how it works.
>>
>> Anyway that's not really advertising, per se: It's just a demo.
>>
>> I think it would be aggressive or "pushy" if I saw some advert every
>> time I went to a popular web site or if it came us as the first
>> search at google despite meager relationship to my search. That
>> would be pushy!
> /Sorry; I gave you the wrong link!!! //
> //English is not my mother tongue, so may be "pushy" is not the right
> word........ //
> //Check that one !
> //http://www.realbooksoftware.com/RealBookVolume1.php?page=&source=1&gclid=CK_70KaV7LgCFXHMtA...
> //Best Regards//
> //@lex /

Or chect out this one :
http://www.realbooksoftware.com/?gclid=CO2ngpWX7LgCFY_K...

Gerry

On 2013-08-07 19:31:23 +0000, rpjazzguitar said:

> Is this thing legal? Does he really have all of those recordings
> properly licensed?

Impossible.
--
Those who wish to sing always find a song. -- Swedish proverb