DRb with http_proxy

yuesefa

9/30/2006 5:28:00 AM

hi all
i want to get a remote drb service .it can't be accessed directly so
i have to use a http proxy.
the question is how i can use proxy with drb. is there any resource
about it? thanks :-)

2 Answers

Eric Hodel

On Sep 29, 2006, at 10:28 PM, Haofei wrote:

> hi all
> i want to get a remote drb service .it can't be accessed directly so
> i have to use a http proxy.
> the question is how i can use proxy with drb. is there any resource
> about it? thanks :-)

I don't know, DRb is a peer-to-peer protocol more than a client-
server protocol. You can construct a DRb proxy server easily, but if
the remote endpoint needs to connect back to you it may be unable to,
and wouldn't work.

You can also tunnel DRb via SSH...

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

http://trackmap.rob...

dpb128

On Oct 12, 6:21 pm, James <thebeatles1...@aol.com> wrote:
> I paid $500 for one with a switch problem, the rest was good but the
> topper was cracked, spiral ramp was cracked, playfield was excellent
> and the fix was traced easily.
>
> IMO, if you can find one that needs work for around $500 and as much
> as $1200 for a nice example.
>
> Thanks, James

If you take a look at Mr pinball classified you can see a number for
sale for sale for the 800 to 1000 range. I wouldn't pay more than that
unless it is an exceptional example. Also for info there were two
games in relatively good condition for sale at York for the 800 to 900
range.