help: digest/sha2.so: no such file to load -- digest.so

Tammy Mc

9/29/2006 6:37:00 AM

Hi

Can someone please help me out with this install error?
Well actually I can install ruby 1.8.5 on OS X 10.4 but I cannot do a
successful "make test" or use ruby to run gem setup.

I get this error:

[/src/ruby-1.8.5] tammy% make test
/rubytest.rb:40: warning: Insecure world writable dir /usr/local/bin,
mode 040777
digest/sha2.so: no such file to load -- digest.so (LoadError)
test failed
make: *** [test] Error 1
[/src/ruby-1.8.5] tammy% sudo chmod 775 /usr/local/bin
[/src/ruby-1.8.5] tammy% make test
digest/sha2.so: no such file to load -- digest.so (LoadError)
test failed
make: *** [test] Error 1

I followed HiveLogic's install guide:
http://hivelogic.com/articles/2005/12/01/ruby_rails_lighttpd_m...
or, err, well, I did not get very far.

Any insight appreciated! Thanks,

Arthaey Angosii

I have the same problem with digest.so not existing, but with Ruby
1.8.4 on Mandrake 10.1. I've tried Googling for digest.so, but I'm only
coming up with Perl modules.

Tammy Mc

What is interesting is I can see these in ruby source after making ruby:

/usr/local/src/ruby-1.8.5/.ext/powerpc-darwin8.7.0/digest.bundle
/usr/local/src/ruby-1.8.5/ext/digest/digest.c
/usr/local/src/ruby-1.8.5/ext/digest/digest.h
/usr/local/src/ruby-1.8.5/ext/digest/digest.o
/usr/local/src/ruby-1.8.5/ext/digest/digest.txt
/usr/local/src/ruby-1.8.5/ext/digest/digest.txt.ja
/usr/local/src/ruby-1.8.5/ext/openssl/lib/openssl/digest.rb

And the make ended with this:

SETUP=ext/Setup
EXTOBJS=ext/extinit.o ext/digest/sha2/sha2.a
making ruby
make[1]: `ruby' is up to date.

Yet I still get this:
tammy% make test
digest/sha2.so: no such file to load -- digest.so (LoadError)
test failed
make: *** [test] Error 1

But I can:
ruby --version
ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [powerpc-darwin8.7.0]
(and ruby --copyright or --help)

Yet I have searched far and wide. Nothing reported on this. Wonder why?!
Is no one using 1.8.5 yet?

Tammy Mc

Well

I installed ruby 1.8.4 exactly the same way I had installed 1.85:

36 17:25 ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --enable-pthread
--with-readline-dir=/usr/local
37 17:27 make
38 17:34 make test
39 17:53 sudo make install
40 17:53 make clean

And, voila, ruby works, gem is installed, gem works, and rails is now
installing via gem.
Notice the "make test" step worked for 1.8.4 too.

The Hammer

in article
b9763667-e965-4583-aeac-e5e3ed86be1d@u10g2000yqk.googlegroups.com, Craig C
at pinballamoeba@gmail.com wrote on 10/12/10 2:52 PM:

> you wonder if the labor to keep everything straight, and the cost to
> have someone figure it all out is worth the cost savings.
>
> -c
>
> On Oct 12, 4:12?pm, "seymour.shabow" <seymour.sha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki2_B2-ftWc&f...
>>
>> So, looks like both magnets were removed (from whiplash and iron monger)
>> Anyone spot any other missing features on the home version of IM?
>>
>> -scott CARGPB#29

I suspect we are missing the point. The change in layout is not so much to
reduce costs as much as to expand more into the home market at a different
price point.

They are trying to sell almost the same pin at two different price points to
two different markets.

Not that different from the Limited Edition cars being sold to the collector
/ motor head market vs. the standard model to everyone else.

Stern is clearly hoping to sell a bunch of the lower price point models to
the home market without losing the higher price models to pin heads and ops.

I don't understand the anger of this group. If you want the real one, it is
there. If you want to save $1k+, go for this one.

If it works, it will help Stern.

Only downside is it creates confusion in the aftermarket.

Find out about the beautiful Oregon South Coast at
VisitOregonSouthCoast.com

http://www.visitoregonsouth...