cry for help - make this faster.

Ara.T.Howard

Hans Fugal

Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> yes, it will require deep ruby and 'c' knowledge
>
> http://codeforpeople.com/lib/...acgi-0....
>
> and, obviously
>
> http://codeforpeople.com/lib/...
>
> i think it's a potentially powerful idea. if you know how to make it
> faster,
> please do so and send in a patch. at this point only a factor of 2x is
> need
> to close the gap on fastcgi. at this point the emphasis is on making it as
> fast as possible. scalibility and portability might come next.
>
> good luck.
>
> -a

That looks way cool. I heartily support it. I have some C IPC
experience, but not in windows.

Jonas Hartmann

Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> yes, it will require deep ruby and 'c' knowledge
>
> http://codeforpeople.com/lib/...acgi-0....
>
> and, obviously
>
> http://codeforpeople.com/lib/...
>
> i think it's a potentially powerful idea. if you know how to make it
> faster,
> please do so and send in a patch. at this point only a factor of 2x is
> need
> to close the gap on fastcgi. at this point the emphasis is on making it as
> fast as possible. scalibility and portability might come next.
>
> good luck.
>
> -a

this is a great thing - could it make it into ruby 2 std lib ( or did
i get something wrong) ?

Ara.T.Howard

Ara.T.Howard

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> yes, it will require deep ruby and 'c' knowledge
>
> http://codeforpeople.com/lib/...acgi-0....
>
> and, obviously
>
> http://codeforpeople.com/lib/...
>
> i think it's a potentially powerful idea. if you know how to make it
> faster,
> please do so and send in a patch. at this point only a factor of 2x is
> need
> to close the gap on fastcgi. at this point the emphasis is on making it as
> fast as possible. scalibility and portability might come next.
>
> good luck.
>
> -a
Hmmm ... by portability do you mean "runs on other than Linux?" :)

What sort of performance testing framework are you using?

Ara.T.Howard

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>
>> Ara.T.Howard wrote:
>>>
>>> yes, it will require deep ruby and 'c' knowledge
>>>
>>> http://codeforpeople.com/lib/...acgi-0....
>>>
>>> and, obviously
>>>
>>> http://codeforpeople.com/lib/...
>>>
>>> i think it's a potentially powerful idea. if you know how to make it
>>> faster,
>>> please do so and send in a patch. at this point only a factor of 2x is
>>> need
>>> to close the gap on fastcgi. at this point the emphasis is on making
>>> it as
>>> fast as possible. scalibility and portability might come next.
>>>
>>> good luck.
>>>
>>> -a
>
>> Hmmm ... by portability do you mean "runs on other than Linux?" :)
>
> i'm afraid so - sigh...
>
> on a side note, i hear 2.6.17 will auto-tune the tcp-ip stack, that
> ought to
> make for a fast web app server...

I was thinking Tux, actually. :)

>> What sort of performance testing framework are you using?
>
> just ab ;-)

There are quite a few out there.