MarkaBoo

Trans

9/26/2006 12:37:00 PM

What's the Love Level over at MarkaBoo.com? (Ie. Level of active
development and support?)

Thanks,
T.

3 Answers

Trans

Okay, I'll expend on this topic. Today I learned that Del.icio.us is
owned by Yahoo! Appearently Yahoo! bought them 10 months ago and I
missed the news. Well, I won't have anything to do with Yahoo! They
cheated me and deleted all my email. So I boycott them and ecourage
others to do the same every chance I get.

So now I'm in the market for a new bookmark service. So far I'm
thinking Furl, Simpy, Blogmarks or MarkaBoo. MarkaBoo is of course of
interest b/c it's a Ruby/Rails app --not only could I use the service,
I could contribute to the project. Hence my query.

T.

Reprisal

http://rubyforge.org/projects...
Certainly doesn't look very active, might want to get in touch with
them directly as I'm sure they can fill you in more effectively(or
not which obviously says a lot).
On Sep 26, 2006, at 11:38 AM, Trans wrote:

> Okay, I'll expend on this topic. Today I learned that Del.icio.us is
> owned by Yahoo! Appearently Yahoo! bought them 10 months ago and I
> missed the news. Well, I won't have anything to do with Yahoo! They
> cheated me and deleted all my email. So I boycott them and ecourage
> others to do the same every chance I get.
>
> So now I'm in the market for a new bookmark service. So far I'm
> thinking Furl, Simpy, Blogmarks or MarkaBoo. MarkaBoo is of course of
> interest b/c it's a Ruby/Rails app --not only could I use the service,
> I could contribute to the project. Hence my query.
>
> T.

Brian Mitchell

On 9/26/06, Trans <transfire@gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, I'll expend on this topic. Today I learned that Del.icio.us is
> owned by Yahoo! Appearently Yahoo! bought them 10 months ago and I
> missed the news. Well, I won't have anything to do with Yahoo! They
> cheated me and deleted all my email. So I boycott them and ecourage
> others to do the same every chance I get.
>
> So now I'm in the market for a new bookmark service. So far I'm
> thinking Furl, Simpy, Blogmarks or MarkaBoo. MarkaBoo is of course of
> interest b/c it's a Ruby/Rails app --not only could I use the service,
> I could contribute to the project. Hence my query.

I've enjoyed using ma.gnolia.com. It is also a rails app (but closed source).

Brian.