Re: Error/exception documentation

Gavin Kistner

9/25/2006 4:46:00 PM

From: Chris Donhofer [mailto:c.donhofer@chello.at]
> thx jan, i'll have a look at it.
> i still believe it would be better to have this information
> included in
> each method description since it really shouldn't take more than a few
> seconds to look it up. =)

It definitely should. Ruby's documentation has been a sore spot for a
long time, but it's getting better all the time, quickly.

How? By volunteers writing it. Please feel free to join the ruby-doc
mailing list and volunteer to begin modifying the documentation to
include these exceptions as you find them.

(I'm not sure what smiley covers the phrase "Yes, I'm being a smartass,
but I'm also dead serious. Documentation only gets written when people
write it." Perhaps a wink. Let's go with that.)

;)

1 Answer

Chris Donhofer

Gavin Kistner wrote:
> It definitely should. Ruby's documentation has been a sore spot for a
> long time, but it's getting better all the time, quickly.
>
> How? By volunteers writing it. Please feel free to join the ruby-doc
> mailing list and volunteer to begin modifying the documentation to
> include these exceptions as you find them.
>
> (I'm not sure what smiley covers the phrase "Yes, I'm being a smartass,
> but I'm also dead serious. Documentation only gets written when people
> write it." Perhaps a wink. Let's go with that.)
>
> ;)

lol
you're right to say so =)
if i find the time im surely going to try and help a bit with the docs.

cheers chris