microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

Printing extended ASCII characters in .Net

Killer

9/12/2011 4:04:00 PM

All,

I was wondering if it was possible to print (not to console, on an
actual printer) the extended ASCII character set using the .Net Framework.

We are converting our main entry system for jobs from old VB6 to .Net
and the printing functionality of that system involves creating a job
ticket on a dot matrix printer. The "box drawing" characters of the
extended ASCII set is used to drawn sections on the ticket, and if it
were possible, I would like to try to get that functionality in .Net.

However, every attempt I've made to try to actually print the characters
has failed: the printer does not translate the characters that the
printer service in Windows sends through the test .Net application I
written to the actual characters. I've tried printing directly to the
printer (not using it's native driver), and that didn't work either.

I am willing to convert the printing to using the native .Net printing
classes (I have code in place to start that), but I was just curious if
it was possible to do it with the character set.

Thanks for any help.

Killer