microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

Virtual bytes increase when adding more monitors

Nan

12/6/2010 9:24:00 PM

Dear all,

I met a strange issue those days, my production desktops get virtual
bytes increase when adding more monitors.

More specificly, my software consumpt more than 800 mb virtual bytes
when 4 monitors mounted, however, when I disabled 3 of them by uncheck
the "extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" in windows display
property setting, the virtual bytes decrease to 500 mb, while the
private bytes and working set are remaining the same (about 200 mb
each).

My production desktop environment:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Physical Mem: 3G
ATI Fire MV 2400 PCI
We are using MFC holding WPF components via managed C++ wrapper.

Can any body give me some clue on this? Is there related to WPF?

Thanks,
Nan